Saturday 5 August 2023

Friendly Flowers

 
Hi all and welcome!  TodayI am thrilled to be a Guest Designer at The Flower Challenge where the theme is to add spots or stripes.  And in more great news, I will be taking over running of The Flower Challenge from October, to give Viv and Aileen a well-deserved break after 7 years.  I have fond memories of this challenge, because I helped Aileen set it up at the beginning and I was on the design team for several months before having to step down due to other commitments.

Anyway, onto my card.



This was a stenciled image I had in my stash so this card was reasonably easy to pull together.  I gold hot-foiled the stripes onto a white panel, cut the panel down to fit onto a coral card base and then added the flowers with foam tape.  I made sure to leave enough room for the gold hot-foiled sentiment to fit near the top.


Thanks so much for visiting.  The Flower Challenge DT have some gorgeous cards, so please check them out and have a go yourself.





Products used:

Stamps:  Garden Roses (Pink Fresh Studio)
Ink:  Amalgam (Gina K), Martian, Tropical Forest sets (Altenew)
Cardstock:  White, Coral Crush (MFT), Pitch Black (Hero Arts)
Dies:  Garden Roses (Pink Fresh Studio), Skinny Stripe BG, Hexi-gem Sentiments (Spellbinders)
Accessories:  Garden Roses stencils, Gold Matte Hot Foil

Cheers
Karren

11 comments:

donna mikasa said...

I was so happy to read that you'll be taking over The Flower Challenge! You'll fill those shoes nicely and I know we'll be inspired by your cards as well.

Dawn T said...

Awesome card and great job on taking over the challenge. One of my favourite challenges as floral cards are my go to type. Have soooo many beautiful floral stamps and dies. Can't wait to get back home in 2 weeks to make a card or two for the challenge.

Viv said...

Such a beautiful card here Karren! I love that pretty bouquet of flowers and the hot foiled stripes too. Great to have you as our Guest Designer this month and help running our challenge in the future too, we can't thank you enough ;) hugs Viv DT xx

I Card Everyone said...

Welcome, Karren! I'm so happy to have you aboard! I could hardly wait to tell you how much I love your card! You might know how much I love this set?
Thanks for keeping our challenge going, Karren!
=]

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is a gorgeous card, love the foiling.
Faith x

Linda Callahan said...

This is beautiful! Love the gold foil stripes! You are the perfect master gardener to keep the challenge going!

kiwimeskreations said...

How very beautiful Karren - love the foiled stripes in the background!
Blessings
Maxine

cm said...

Your card is gorgeous! How wonderful that you'll keep the challenge going, as it certainly is noted for the amazing inspiration and comments from the team. Even though I play only on occasion (I find flowers daunting at times, as I want them to be 'perfect'), I still check out every challenge, simply for the creativity and smiles. When one of my challenge blogs was 'this close' to shutting down, I stepped up to keep it going - and I'm so glad I did. So rewarding! You'll be awesome at the helm!
~carol

Bobby said...

Beautiful roses, Karren, and the gold stripes add an elegant feel to your card. I'm so glad you came to our rescue. I love being part of the team and enjoy making floral cards so am glad that the challenge will continue with you leading it.

Stef Perry said...

Such beautiful roses, Karren, and how fortunate you had them ready made for this challenge! They look lovely against the gold foil stripes. So gorgeous!

I am so very thankful that you've agreed to step up and keep things running at TFG; it's been one of my favorite challenges both as a participant and a team member. I know things will be in good hands with you!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card with those lovely roses and the gold foiled stripes.
So glad you will keep the challenge running as flower cards are my favorite to make and I love playing in the challenge.