Thursday 17 August 2023

Squirrel!

Hi and welcome to my blog!  Today's card uses the latest sketch from the Freshly Made Sketches team where Jen Mitchell is our hostess.  I wanted to do some Copic colouring, so came up with this card:


I stamped and coloured these images and cut them with my Scan n Cut.  I then die-cut a fishtail flag from pale bluepatterned paper and added some grass with some matching paper in pale green.  I wanted to not have a white card base because I always go for white, so decided on kraft.  I embossed a white panel with the Subtle embossing folder and adhered that in the centre of the card base then added strips of Hot Fudge cardstock at either end.  The sentiment was stamped onto the card base and thenI added the tag and images.

 



Thanks so much for visiting.  I hope you'll check out the fabulous cards made by the rest of the design team.




Products used:

Stamps:  Squirrel! (MFT)
Ink:  Amalgam (Gina K), Versafine Onyx Black
Cardstock:  Kraft, White, Hot Fudge (MFT), X-Press It, Watercolor Wash (MFT)
Dies: Jumbo Fishtail Flag Stax, Grass Border (MFT)
Accessories:  Copics, Subtle EF

9 comments:

Amy O said...

Adorable! And that sentiment made me smile. A very fun card, Karren!

I Card Everyone said...

He's about the cutest hunter/gatherer I've ever seen! So cute, Karren!
=]

kiwimeskreations said...

Such a cute image Karren, and so beautifully used on this stunning card
Blessings
Maxine

Dawn T said...

This is delightful Karren. Love the banner design.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

An adorable card, love the take on the sketch. x

Jen Mitchell said...

I had the same thought about using a kraft card base. I always go for white so I wanted to mix it up a bit! Your squirrel is awesome :)

Linda Callahan said...

That squirrel is adorable! Your copic coloring is amazing! Beautifully done!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

That squirrel is adorable Karren and makes me smile - it would definitely go some way to making up for a belated birthday!

Ida said...

Super cute card. I love squirrels and that one is just adorable.