Saturday 23 February 2013

Bright Ribbons

While I don't normally like bright colors, the colors at Nacho Average Challenge this week looked quite appealing together, so I made this card.


This wasn't what I intended to make at all, but I'm quite pleased with the final result.  It's as CAS as CAS gets, using ribbon to show the challenge colors and a simple sentiment stamped in Real Red - all on a Whisper White card base.



Thanks for looking.

Products used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamps:  Sweet Essentials
Cardstock:  Whisper White
Ink:  Real Red
Accessories:  Satin Ribbon in Daffodil Delight and Marina Mist; 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon in Real Red; staples

Cheers
Karren

4 comments:

Rose said...

What a wonderfully simple but effective card. I would never have thought of that. TFS-

Sharon Wheet said...

Karren, what a simply beautiful card! I love how you let the ribbon be the color addition. very clever.
thank you for playing along with us @ NAC.

Anonymous said...

Love it! I really love the staples showing!

Anne Hayward said...

The use of the ribbons is brilliant. Clean and simple, love it!