Wednesday 6 February 2013

Tulle Thanks

We have a national holiday here in New Zealand today, so I got the afternoon to stamp.  What's better than a day off work in the middle of the week?  A day off work in the middle of the week spent stamping LOL.

I decided to take part in the sketch challenge at Create With Connie & Mary for the Occasions Catalog.  I tell you, that design team is pretty talented - there's a heap of cool projects that only subscribers can get to see and download.

I also used the colors at a new-to-me challenge called Nacho Average Challenge.  Here's my card:


I stamped the En Francais background onto Crumb Cake cardstock using Rose Red ink, then layered that onto Raspberry Ripple.  Instead of the angled card panel, I opted to use the tulle ribbon and I quite like the effect.  The centerpiece was made using the doily sizzlet die and the new designer builder brads.

Here are the challenge details:



Thanks for looking.

Products used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamps:  Made for You; En Francais
Cardstock:  Crumb Cake; Raspberry Ripple; 2012-14 In Color DSP
Ink:  Rose Red; Chocolate Chip
Accessories:  Large Doilies Sizzlet Die; Crumb Cake Tulle Ribbon; Designer Builder Brad

Edited to Add:  This card was chosen as the Top Nacho at Nacho Average Challenges!  Thanks, guys.

Cheers
Karren

11 comments:

Christine Blain said...

Happy Waitangi Day! Nice to get stamping time on your day off. :) I love the layered doilies, and the sentiment banner sticking out from the brad, Karren.

Anonymous said...

WoW! This is gorgeous! I love the tulle--such a great design element!! Thanks for playing along with the Nachos--so glad you found us!!

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Love the tulle on the card, Karren, and the richness of the red doilies. Gorgeous work!

Gem Artmiste said...

wowsers! love it

Melissa Davies said...

GORGEOUS! LOVE that layered doily and the way you added the tulle! Thanks for playing along in the Saturday Challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Mary Brown said...

Oh my word this is STUNNING!!! I LOVE the layered doilies and LOVE the way you added the TULLE!! WOW!!! Thanks for playing along in the Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Challenge!

Connie Babbert said...

Ditto Mary! Love the tulle behind the DSP layers. And, love the layered doilies, too!!! Awesome card! Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary Spring Edition 2013!

Robin Messenheimer / Robin's Craft Room said...

Oooh, I love the colors and textures! Such a gorgeous card.

Anne Hayward said...

This is so pretty. Love the tulle! Thanks for playing along with the Nachos.

Sharon Wheet said...

Karren, this is so pretty! I just love the tulle peaking out from behind your stamped panel. Just lovely!
thank you for playing along with us @ NAC.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for playing along with the Nachos. Beautiful Card!!!