Sunday 17 February 2013

Eiffel Tower

Here is a very quick card I made for the challenge at CAS(E) this Sketch.  My day started out with our puppy Dexter getting my glasses and completely destroying them.  I thought I'd put them far out of his reach but I under-estimated his determination!  So until I sort out insurance and new glasses, I'm wearing cheapie glasses from the $2 Shop.

Anyway, late this afternoon, I thought I'd try making a couple of cards.  Not too successfully, I'm afraid. But this is the best of my afternoon's efforts.



Because it was late afternoon when I took the photos, the lighting isn't the best.  I stamped the Eiffel Tower image onto Very Vanilla cardstock using Early Espresso ink.  I overstamped the Celebrate using Raspberry Ripple.  I then pierced some circles from the paper-piercing pack.  The final step was to spritz some Pool Party ink over the image.  Here's a close-up so you can see what I mean:


Here's the challenge sketch:


Thanks for looking.

Products used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamps:  Artistic Etchings; Feeling Sentimental
Cardstock:  Very Vanilla
Ink:  Early Espresso; Raspberry Ripple
Accessories:  Pool Party Marker; Spritzer Tool; Essentials Paper-Piercing Pack

Cheers
Karren

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a crisp image, Karren ... fabulous piercing and the spritzing is a perfect final touch! Anita in France :)

Ardyth said...

OK, I need glasses because when I first read this, I thought it said that Dexter got glasses (my sister's dog is also Dexter, by the way!). I love the originality of the paper piercing around the tower. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

lostinpaper said...

Sounds like you had an interesting day... good luck with your glasses (I'd be lost without mine). Great card BTW, love how you have added the piercing, it's genius.
Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS(E) this Sketch this week!

Tanya said...

What a great card! Love the paper piercing.

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Oh my goodness - I love the piercing effect that you added to your focal image! It's truly amazing! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS(E) This Sketch - we're so glad you did!