Thursday 14 February 2013

CCMC239 Sketch Challenge

This week it's sketch challenge time at Create with Connie & Mary.  The design team have come up with some wonderful samples using this sketch:



For my card, I decided to make a birthday card for my youngest niece, who will be 3 shortly.  Being a little girl, I figured she'd like bright colors so went for Melon Mambo; Lucky Limeade; Pool Party and Chocolate Chip - not a combo I'd usually gravitate towards!


I pulled out an older stamp set for this card - Create a Cupcake.  It was fun to play with this set again.  Lots of punches went into the making of this card - my desk was covered with them LOL.

Thanks for looking.  Go check out the challenge and have a go at this sketch.

Products used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamps:  Create a Cupcake
Cardstock:  Whisper White; Lucky Limeade; Pool Party; Melon Mambo; 2011-13 In Color DSP; Brights DSP
Ink:  Chocolate Chip; Melon Mambo; Lucky Limeade
Accessories:  Cupcake Punch; 2 3/8" Scallop Punch; 1 3/4" circle punch; 2 1/2" circle punch; Itty Bitty Punch Pack; Lucky Limeade Ruffled Ribbon; Basic Jewels

Cheers
Karren


4 comments:

Deb said...

Such a fun, bright and cheery card! Love how you used the ribbon here! A great clean and simple card!!

Narelle Farrugia said...

This is really a cute card Karren! Your combination of colours is perfect for a young miss 3 and I love that cupcake in Melon Mambo and Lucky Limeade - such a fun combination!

Lisa Martz said...

This card is so darling! Made me giggle! I love the colors...so bright and cheerful! And...who doesn't love cupcakes?

Connie Babbert said...

A yummy cupcake would taste good around now! Love this sweet card! Great job with the sketch this week!