Monday 8 February 2016

Critter Love

Hi and welcome back for my second card today!  I'm rushing to get this posted as I just realised the linky at Mojo Monday closes in two hours!

This card was made for the following challenges:  Mojo Monday; Just Us Girls and Sweet Stampin' Challenge.


I'll be quick with my explanation :)  I stamped and Copic-colored the adorable little dog holding his rose, then die-cut both the image panel and a Smoke panel using pierced square dies.  I cut a Slate layer and die-cut the top and bottom with a Basic Stitch Lines die.  The image panel is popped up with foam tape.  The Smoke panel was lightly sponged with Smoke ink and a grid stencil to add interest.  Finally, I colored the rose with Wink of Stella.


Thanks for visiting.


Sweet Stampin' Challenge Blog


Products used:

Stamps:  Critter Party (Penny Black), KIS Valentine (PTI)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black, Smoke
Cardstock:  White, Smoke, Slate, X-Press it
Dies:  Pierced Square Stax dies, Basic Stitch Lines (MFT)
Accessories:  Copics, Wink of Stella, Large Grid Stencil (MFT)

Cheers
Karren

9 comments:

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Really cute and pretty - love the subtle stenciling!

Ina G said...

So so cute. Great cas card. Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls this week.

Aileen said...

That dog is so cute, I hate when I see more stamps I really cant live without. He is so cute. As it your card, just brilliant how you did the smoked grey squares on the stitched die cut. Beautiful layout

Debbie said...

Lovely card thank you for calling in this week at Sweet Stampin'. D X

Nancy said...

Such a cute card and really love that image! Really love that subtle background too! So glad you linked up with us over at Just Us Girls this week, and please come back again!

Paddington fan said...

What a super cute Valentine's card, great image and I love the stenciled background too! Thank you for sharing it with us this week at Sweet Stampin' and I do hope you'll join us again soon, love Jacky x

Vicki Dutcher said...

SUPER SWEET dog!! Thanks for joining in at JUGS!

JANINE QUINN MIDDLESBROUGH, UK said...

Fab CAS card, I love your simple colouring. It looks so classy! Thank you for sharing your card and joining in with the fun at Sweet Stampin’ this week and good luck. Hugs Janine xx

Barb Ghig said...

Great job coloring this pup, and I really love your neutral color palette! Another awesome card, Karren!