Thursday 11 February 2016

Rock Candy Flower


Hi!  This post is late but we've had a long weekend and I'm a day behind all week :)  Our sketch artist at Freshly Made Sketches is the lovely and talented Amy O'Neill and she has a wonderful sketch for us.


And here's my card:



For my card, I decided to use a leaf die for the diagonal strips.  I pulled out the gorgeous Single Roses die and after blending various inks together, I die-cut both the flower and the leaves.  I then covered the pieces with liquid adhesive and dipped them into Rock Candy Distress Glitter.

They were mounted onto a black circle and then onto a Soft Stone layer and the white card base.  The sentiment comes from Avery Elle's Party Animal set.



Be sure to check out the rest of the design team's gorgeous creations.

Thanks for visiting.

Products used:  Stamps:  Party Animal (Avery Elle)
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Twisted Citron, Crushed Olive, Squeezed Lemonade, Dried Marigold, Spiced Marmalade
Cardstock:  White, black, Soft Stone, Watercolor
Dies:  Single Roses (SSS), Pierced Circle Stax, Blueprints 21 (MFT)
Accessories:  Tim Holtz Rock Candy Distress Glitter, Rainstones (PTI)

Cheers
Karren

15 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

A perfect take on the sketch! Jo x

SonjaK said...

I absolutely love this sketch and your take on it is so clever. Love how you've replaced the washi tape with your sponged and glittered (?) leaves.

Susanne Vargas said...

What a creative take on the sketch! Absolutely love it!

Linda Callahan said...

Love the stone background......and the black makes it all pop!

Amy O said...

What a clever take on the sketch -- love how you used the leaves. And I love how it looks like you've dipped them and the flower in sugar. Cute card, Karren!

Rosemary said...

super pretty take on the sketch!!

Jen Timko said...

Like I didn't already love this enough....I had not noticed the glitter on the team page! This is so fab!!

Being Mrs Miles said...

Hi Karren,

What a fun bloom in the middle - how perfect for a take on the sketch! I like how you left lots of white space for the eye to rest.

Jen Brum said...

Such a pretty card Karren! I love that flower! The glitter is just perfect! Love the leaves too! Those bold colours are beautiful!

Jen Mitchell said...

I love how the flower looks against the black circle. And how the black circle looks against the Soft Stone. And the glitter makes it all extra special!

Aileen said...

Love how you have done this card with the black background to the flower. Really. Eye catching.

Dana M said...

Beautifully CAS card Karren! The rock candy is awesome - fabulous shine.

Rita W said...

Love love love!!!!!!! I still want that roses die so bad but it is out of stock. Love the sparkle of the glitter!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Rock candy glitter? You truly must own every single product out there! Love that awesome flower matted with black- the leaves work so well for the sketch.

Cindy Hall said...

This was such a pretty and clever way to use the sketch. I love the flowers and leaves, and I still love those rainstones!