Wednesday 3 February 2016

Hey Friend

Hi and welcome to Freshly Made Sketch Challenge Day!  This week, our resident Queen of Layers, Narelle is our hostess and here is her sketch:


Now, I sort of didn't remember the sketch accurately and my panels are more centred than on the sketch.


I loosely painted some Tumbled Glass Distress Ink onto a white card base and set it aside to dry.  Then I stamped the tablet image and colored it with some grey Copics.  The banner was white embossed on black and once the card base was dry, I stamped the border image from the stamp set in black ink.

The tablet and banner were adhered using foam tape and I finished the card with some blue sequins.



Thanks for visiting.  Be sure to check out the wonderful cards made by the rest of the design team.

I'm entering this card into the Banners challenge at Cupcake Inspirations, and the CAS challenge at Addicted to Stamps.



Products used:

Stamps:  Teen Routine (Paper Smooches)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark, Tumbled Glass
Cardstock:  White, Black, X-Press It
Dies:  Blueprints Tag Builder 4 (MFT)
Accessories:  Sequins, White EP, Copics

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout out at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge and Addicted to Stamps and More.

18 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

This is adorable! Do you just tap a wet brush on your distress ink to paint with it? Think I need to search a video......

Jen Timko said...

How cute is this?! Love your little computer!!

Rosemary said...

too darn cute!!

Jen Mitchell said...

This soooo adorable! You are no watercolor dropout, that's for sure!

SonjaK said...

What a fun card! Seeing it, I'm waiting for the day my tablet starts talking to me. Can't be long, I guess, we're quite close friends. ;o)

Татьяна Квардакова said...

So fun card! Everyone can relate to it:-)

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations, good luck!!! Amy DT

cm said...

Oh my...how adorable is this card of yours, and talk about an innovative take on 'banners'! Brilliant! Thank you for sharing this gem at the Cupcake Inspirations banner challenge!
~c

Narelle Farrugia said...

This is super cool! Yet again another image I haven't seen before. After seeing all of your stamp collection it's no wonder I have never seen you use the same image twice!

Tanja said...

great coloring - love the background and the sequins - thanks for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations and ATSM

Stampingcountry said...

What a quirky card! I love it!

Jen Brum said...

This card is so awesome! I love that tablet and the fabulous watercolour background! Wow! Love those sequins too! So fun!

Deborah Frings said...

Brilliant! Love the watercolour background, the touch of bling and the cute image. Thanks so much for playing along with Cupcake Inspirations this week. Deborah, DT.

Indy's Designs said...

Love the simplicity! Wonderful CAS card! So glad you were inspired to join Cupcake Inspirations' Banners Challenge!
Debbie, DT Sweetie

Kelly S. said...

So whimsical and FUN!

Rita W said...

This is so dang awesome! I love everything about it. That background is perfection and the rest of the card is just pure fun!

cm said...

I'm back, smiling again at this sweet gem, to say thank you for joining the ATSM gallery!
~c

Barb Ghig said...

This is the cutest card ever, Karren! Your CAS design is fabulous and your tablet is so fun! Congrats on your well deserved HM at ATSM!