Thursday 18 February 2016

You are Tough

Hi and welcome to Freshly Made Sketches!  Our fabulous sketch today comes from our own super-talented Jennifer Timko.


And here's my card:


I used a NBUS stamp set called Hello Love by Unity Stamps.  It was seeing the amazing cards made by my blogging friend Lee Ann Barrett with this company's stamps that made me place an order :) I stamped the woman and colored her with Copic markers.  To make the image fit with the sketch, I cut my card base a bit smaller than normal, making it 4" x 5",  A little strip of Limeade Ice cardstock was adhered to the image panel and both panels were popped up on foam tape onto the card base.

Because of the tone of the sentiment (which I love!) I deliberately didn't add any frou frou or embellishments.



Thanks for visiting.  Be sure to check out the rest of the design team's creations - they are fabulous as usual!

Products used:

Stamps:  Hello Love (Unity Stamp Co)
Ink:  Black Licorice Hybrid (MFT)
Cardstock:  Stampers Select White, Limeade Ice (PTI)
Accessories:  Copic Markers

Cheers
Karren

14 comments:

Suchi said...

Such a beautiful card Karren! I loved your coloring and the sentiment! :)
Suchi xx

Linda Callahan said...

The sentiment is terrific.....and oh so true! And your coloring is top notch......pretty card!

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Fabulous card and your colouring is spot on.
That little strip of lime card just makes everything pop!

Evelyn S. said...

This is a touching card...beautifully colored. I love that image!

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

WOW! So sentimental and kind, Karren! Love the colors and cleanliness, and great sentiment.

Jen Mitchell said...

This is quite beautiful Karren. Your coloring, as always, is spot on and I love the anonymity of this image. This is so powerful, I think!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous colouring and I just love the colours you've used. Karen x

Amy O said...

I love how you kept this so clean, and I love the sentiment and this image paired together.

Jen Brum said...

Wow Karren! This is amazing! Love that colouring! Definitely didn't need to add any frou frou!!!! So pretty!

Kim S said...

How perfect to totally show off this fun image with this sketch!

Greta said...

Terrific card--love it!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Frou frou! You just don't hear that word enough anymore! Your card is gorgeously clean and your image is as always perfectly coloured!

Cindy Hall said...

This card is amazing. You are really showing your advanced coloring skills on this one. This is so professional and breathtaking.

Jen Timko said...

This is crazy great! You just have made coloring skill, my friend! Beautiful card.