Saturday 6 February 2016

Love You Roses

Hi and welcome!  Today's card was made using the current sketch at MFT as well as the colors at Color Throwdown.  There are also many Valentine/love themed challenges out there at the moment (not surprisingly!) and I've chosen to link my card up to Simon Says Stamp (Have a Heart), Friday Mashup's Valentine-themed challenge and the Card Concept, where I've categorised my card as Classy and Elegant.  Phew!  I don't think I've broken any challenge rules and linked up to too many challenges :)


When I saw the graphic at Card Concept, I was inspired by the repeat pattern in pink, red and white, but instead of using hearts I went with roses and used MFT's Roses All Over background stamp.  I white-embossed it onto watercolor cardstock, then randomly painted it with Worn Lipstick and Festive Berries distress inks.  Once it was dry, I cut it using a pierced rectangle die and layered it with foam tape onto a white panel that is 1/8" larger than the watercolored piece.

I then took one of the curve dies from Blueprints 25 and used it to die-cute some Slate cardstock.  I white embossed the word "you" which I took from the Amazing stamp set.  Then I was on the hunt for a die-cut word "love".  Believe it or not, I only have one and that is from PTI's Wet Paint dies.  I die-cut that with Seaglass cardstock then added liquid glue all over the front before dropping it into my Rock Candy Distress Glitter.  Love that stuff!

For the heart, I smooshed Worn Lipstick ink onto a scrap of watercolor paper and die-cut it using the smallest heart in the Pierced Heart Stax.  I then also added distress glitter to that as well before adhering it to the card front.


And that's my card!  Considering I don't make many Valentine's, I'm quite happy with this.

Thanks for visiting.



Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog





Products used:

Stamps:  Roses All Over, Amazing (MFT)
Ink:  Versamark, Worn Lipstick, Festive Berries
Cardstock:  White, Slate, Seaglass, Watercolor
Dies:  Pierced Rectangle Stax, Pierced Heart Stax, Blueprints 25 (MFT), Wet Paint (PTI)
Accessories:  Rock Candy Distress Glitter

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout out at Color Throwdown and The Card Concept.

20 comments:

Susanne Vargas said...

Oh, I am absolutely in love with this card! The watercolored rose background (just bought a similar one and haven't used it yet) and that slate curved piece adds so much interest! Fantastic! Totally pinning this one!
Have a great weekend,
Susanne

Joyce Heinen said...

Wow, gorgeous background! Love this card.

Lori said...

This is gorgeous, Karren! The watercolored background is stunning and I love the bit of sparkle from the glittered die cuts. Thanks for joining us at The Color Throwdown!

Kerin said...

Wow your roses are gorgeous! Thanks for joining us this week at The Card Concept :)

Julie Gearinger said...

Love the background on this fabulous card!! The roses look great with the black curved sentiment panel and sparkly heart- thanks for playing along with us at The Card Concept :-)

Linda Callahan said...

Absolutely smashing as me mum would say......

Sandy said...

such a wonderful card. One of my favorites at this challenges. Thank you for sharing this!

Anita in France said...

Wow, Karren, this is stunning ... such gorgeous watercolouring on that rose background ... love the bold swoosh and all that yummy glitteriness! Anita :)

Vickie Z said...

Love the emboss raisin BG and thos gorgeous roses!! So glad you joined us at CTD!!

Wanda Cullen said...

Your background is simply gorgeous! Love your take on the throwdown colors and so glad you were able to play along with us this week!

I Card Everyone said...

The most beautiful card I've ever seen made with one of my favorite background stamps ... I'm so CASEing this, my friend! OH how STUNNING!!!
=]

Rosemary said...

oh I love your take on the MFT sketch!! beautiful card!!

debby4000 said...

Oh your card is gorgeous, love the background and brilliant way to add the sentiment and heart.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby

Lynn Put said...

This is wonderful! I love your watercolored background and glittery die cuts! Thanks for playing along over at the Color Throwdown.

Lilian said...

This is just gorgeous! Love the background!!!
Thank you for joining us at The Card Concept!
Lilian
The Leaf Studio

Lisa said...

Fabulous background!

Thanks for joining us at The Friday Mashup!

Michele K. Henderson said...

Gorgeous background! Wow! Thanks for playing along with us over at The Card Concept!
Take Care!
Michele

Sheri Gilson said...

WOW! Love the gorgeous background and fabulous design! Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Card Concept Challenge!

Barb Ghig said...

Great job combining challenges! Beautiful color combo, and I love your pointed sentiment banner! Another pretty card, Karren!

Alka said...

Nice