Thursday 25 February 2016

Little Fat Chef

Hi and welcome!  It's time for another great sketch from Freshly Made Sketches and this week our hostess is Jen Mitchell, who makes the most gorgeous cards!


For my card, I had to use this adorable little chef!  I've been coloring these chefs as part of The Daily Marker 30 Day Challenge and thought it was about time one made it onto a card!



I went for a simple layout as the sketch is such a classic one - and I really liked the linear look.  To give the chef a jaunty look, I put white polka dots on his red bandanna.  The rest of the card is fairly self-explanatory, so I'll leave you with a close-up.


Thanks for visiting.  The rest of the design team have some wonderful cards using this sketch, so be sure to check them out.


Products used:

Stamps:  Recipe for Happiness (MFT)
Ink:  Black Licorice Hybrid (MFT), Smoke (SSS)
Cardstock:  White, Soft Stone (PTI), X-Press It, Dots & Stripes Neutrals (MFT)
Dies:  Recipe for Happiness (MFT), Blueprints 23 (MFT)
Accessories:  Copics, white gel pen

Cheers
Karren

16 comments:

Kathyk said...

Fabulous make and I simply LOVE your chef

Kathyk

Hannelie said...

I LOVE Jen's sketch... and what you did with it... perfection!

Susanne Vargas said...

Beautiful CAS card! Love how you colored that cute chef!

Linda Callahan said...

He certainly is adorable! I could use him at my house for sure! Fun card.....and oh so cute!

Jen Timko said...

I was hoping to see these fellows make it to a card and this does not disappoint! Adorable card....and perfect coloring!

SonjaK said...

Love your design, especially the simple graphic background with the constrastive lines (the black ones and the stitched ones)! And the little chef's such a fun character for a focal image. Beautifully colored. By the way, thanks for chosing my Gorjuss card as a winner for the last FMS challenge. :)

Imke said...

Fabulous Card, Karren - great design and fussy die cutting the fat Chef. Just great !

My new crafty home:My Crafty Place

Patti said...

This is the sweetest card I've seen in a long time!! I mean it - over the top cuteness : )

Patti

I Card Everyone said...

LOve that stripe, and you've given him such dimension with your fab coloring, Karren! I don't remember any chef as cute, or sweet in culinary school!!
=]

Rosemary said...

so fun... you have colored the little chef to perfection!

Unknown said...

Great card, that chef is such a fun image. Karen x

Jen Brum said...

Such a great card Karren! I love that little chef! So cute and your colouring is amazing as always! Love the sentiment! Made me giggle!

Jen Mitchell said...

What an awesome take on the sketch! I love the horizontal stripes and the chef, jaunty scarf and all, is fabulous!

Tammy said...

This is just the cutest little guy!! and your card is so pretty -- clean, crisp and gorgeous!

Amie Kiger (Kigz) said...

I love the sentiment with your cutie pie chef image! Perfect paper choice! :)

Narelle Farrugia said...

I love this! This little guy is perfectly coloured and I love him paired with the black and white stripey DSP!