Saturday 13 February 2016

Pink Plaid

Hi!  Today's card was made for the sketch challenge at CAS(E) This Sketch, uses the colors from Color Throwdown and the theme from Time Out Challenges - "Love is the flower you've got to let grow".



I went with the obvious after seeing the sketch and stamped my own plaid background.  Unfortunately, I made a boo-boo with the spacing right near the end of the stamping and had to cut my panel down.  You can see the lack of white space in the top right and bottom left corners :(  There was no way I was going to start over though, so I cut down the panel using a pierced rectangle die.  I stamped the plaid using Hibiscus Burst, Raspberry Fizz and Royal Velvet inks from PTI.  Then I went looking for my Encore gold ink pad and couldn't find it!  So I had to use a nearly dry Brilliance ink pad, but you can still see the gold, so all is well :)

The sentiment was die-cut from some gold foil paper and the whole panel was backed with some craft foam.


Thanks for visiting.



Grab Our Badge!

Products used:

Stamps:  Jumbo Stripes (SSS)
Ink:  Hibiscus Burst, Raspberry Fizz, Royal Velvet (PTI), Galaxy Gold Brilliance
Cardstock:  White, Gold Foil
Dies:  Celebration (Spellbinders), Pierced Rectangle Stax (MFT)

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card was randomly picked as Featured Stamper at Color Throwdown and got a shout out at CAS(E) This Sketch.

18 comments:

Hannelie said...

Karren I LOVE your plaid pattern! So well executed... I take my hat off for this gorgeous creation!
Thanks for making this lovely card with our sketch this week!

Linda Callahan said...

That is one hot plaid! Gorgeous!

Ardyth said...

So pretty - love how you used one of the squares in the plaid as your focal area!

Susanne Vargas said...

This came out beautifully! If you hadn't pointed out the boo-boo nobody would have noticed! Whenever I see a pretty stamped plaid like yours I want to try it out, too! One of these days...

Rosemary said...

fabulous take on all the challenges!!!

Jen Mitchell said...

I've been staring at this for quite some time and I can't see any missing white space so I think the boo-boo was all in your head! All I see is a fantastic plaid with a really cool gold sentiment! :)

Rita W said...

Oh my. I need to not visit your blog. I always find so much I 'need' every time. I love the plaid background and stamping it sounds way better than the sponging I tried before!

Barb Ghig said...

I don't blame you for not starting over...Your plaid pattern is gorgeous, and the color combo is just beautiful! Loving your gold sentiment, too!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh that is awesome! I don't see a boo-boo at all - I think it's amazing!

Vickie Z said...

Great take on the challenges!! Love your plaid background!! So glad you joined us at CTD!!

Greta said...

Winner, winner, winner! I absolutely adore this card, Karren! You make me want to try again to stamp my own plaid!

Joyce said...

Absolutely perfect plaid. I don't see a flaw anywhere. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

Lynn Put said...

This is fabulous!!! Love how you created your own plaid with the hint of gold! Thanks so much for joining us over at the Color Throwdown.

Leigh Penner said...

I love your gorgeous plaid! Fabulous take on the sketch!

Gerrina said...

Great how you made such a stunning card combining those challenges! That plaid looks gorgeous! Thank you for taking the TIME OUT and joining us!

Michelle said...

I love your plaid! It's beautiful! And I don't notice the missing white. ;-) Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) This Sketch!

donna mikasa said...

Beautifully stamped plaid--wonderful take on the sketch!

Darnell said...

Pink plaid. You can just stop right there because that's a winning combination, period! And, sure enough it was! Congratulations, Karren, for the well-deserved recognition from CTS!! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell