Thursday 2 June 2022

Bee-utiful

Hi!  I'm here with my card for the latest Freshly Made Sketch Challenge, where our hostess this week is Jacquie Southas.  Here's what I did with her sketch:


I ink-blended distress inks onto a white card base then die-cut the vertical panels out of a sheet of white cardstock.  Once that was done, I dry-embossed the panel and adhered it onto the card base with foam tape.

The sentiment is white-embossed on black and the bumble-bee was already stamped and coloured from a previous stamping session.




Thanks for visiting.  I hope you'll check out the wonderful cards by the rest of the design team.


Products used:

Stamps:  MMH Jan 2021 (Hero Arts)
Ink:  Versamark, Amalgam (Gina K)
Cardstock:  White, Black, X-Press It
Dies:  MMH Jan 2021 (Hero Arts), Blueprints 8 (MFT)
Accessories:  Honeycomb Frenzy EF (Sizzix)

Cheers
Karren


 

11 comments:

Amy O said...

I love how everything works perfectly together on this fun card! That sentiment made me smile!

I Card Everyone said...

Karren, I love that big bumble bee! You've definitely found a wonderful way to represent the strips in Jacquie's Sketch!
=]

Celeste Goff said...

Love this card Karren! That bee and the embossed background are perfect!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a stunner - love this Karren, and the cut out details really finishes the card beautifully
Blessings
Maxine

Jen Brum said...

This is such a sweet card Karren! I love that cute little bee! The honeycomb background is just fabulous and the gold peeking out is perfect!

Linda Callahan said...

This....is...fabulous~! The gold panels are striking and the dry embossing is perfect!

Dawn T said...

fabulous Karren. Love the textured background and that little bee is adorable

Lyn said...

Love your card and the cut out detail is something that is a real standout, Love it!

Jacquie Southas said...

Stunning card, Karren! I love the amazing texture and feel like I'm getting a peek at honey in the hive.

Kim S said...

I love the unique look of the background with that great embossing folder and the way you did the vertical stripes! Perfect with the bee and the sentiment!

Cécile RIBON said...

I just love this black and yellow color palette, this is so eye catching .And what a clever take on the sketch with this fabulous honeycomb background and cut out strips.