Thursday 16 June 2022

Protea Bunch

Hi all and welcome to this week's challenge over at Freshly Made Sketches where our sketch hostess this week is Jen Mitchell.  I sort of covered the sketch with the floral image, but it is there underneath! 


This gorgeous protea image is from a new stamp set from Paper Rose Studio.  I absolutely love protea flowers and the first house I bought had several growing in the garden, because it was very sandy soil.  Unfortunately, this house is on different soil and I doubt protea plants would grow here.

Anyway, I stamped and coloured the image with Copics and then used my Scan n Cut to cut it out.  I wanted to stick with the blue-green shades for the leaves so I used the coloured image to choose some matching papers from Memory Box, which I die-cut with the Embossed Edge Rectangle dies to add some interest.


Thanks so much for visiting.  I hope you'll check out the wonderful cards made by the rest of the design team.





Products Used:

Stamps:  Thanks a Bunch (Paper Rose), Many Thanks (Altenew)
Ink:  Amalgam (Gina K.) Versamark
Cardstock:  White, X-Press It, Black, Lush Green, Fresh Aqua (Memory Box)
Dies:  Embossed Edge Rectangles (Kat Scrappiness)
Accessories:  Copics, White EP

Cheers
Karren



6 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

What Sketch? LOL
Karren, you have once again made magic happen with your Copic skills! I had never heard of a Protea until Altenew released one. Well, I had to Google it, didn't I? They should add your card there! x
=]

Jen Brum said...

Karren, this card is just beautiful! I love those flowers and your colouring is so amazing (as always!)! Pretty sure that it would take me hours to colour that!!

Dawn T said...

we have a number of Protea's at our place, including a pale King Protea. Love your colouring on this gorgeous stamp Karren. Great card.

Amy O said...

I love your gorgeous blooms! Your coloring skills are amazing, as always. Such a pretty card, Karren!

Linda Callahan said...

A beautiful spray of flowers! And I always check out the colors you use - like if I buy them I will color as well as you do....lolol....you are amazing!

Jen Mitchell said...

I have never heard of protea flowers but a quick google search has shown me that you've captured them perfectly with your mad coloring skills! This card is just gorgeous!