Thursday 23 June 2022

Polka Dot Bunch

 Hi and welcome!  I'm here with a card for this week's sketch at Freshly Made Sketches, where our hostess is Jen Brum.


I have to confess that I really like how this card turned out.  It was completely different to what I envisaged but I'm happy with the end result.  The floral arrangement was stamped, coloured and die-cut and set to one side.  Onto a white card base, I adhered a strip of yellow polka-dot patterned paper and then worked on the rest of the elements.  


I die-cut the frame using two rectangle dies taped together.  I cut three frames and adhered them together to give added dimension.  Because I wanted the two white panels to be popped up on foam tape, I had to adhere the frame, the flowers and the sentiment to the white panels before adding foam tape and adhering it all to the card base.  This involved temporarily taping the white panels to the card base to ensure the sizing was correct and then adhering the triple-layered frame and the flowers.  Finally I added the sentiment to the frame, removed the temporary tape and carefully turned over all the elements before putting foam tape behind all the exposed parts and adding it to the card base.  

Thanks so much for visiting.  Please head over and check out the fabulous cards made by the design team.

Products used:

Stamps:  In Bloom:  Addie's Garden (Winnie & Walter)
Ink:  Amalgam (Gina K)
Cardstock:  White, X-Press It, Itsy Bitsy Polka Dots (MFT)
Dies:  In Bloom:  Addie's Garden (Winnie & Walter), Essential Glimmer Sentiments (Spellbinders), Rectangle Infinity Dies (Hero Arts)
Accessories:  Copics, Gold Hot Foil

Cheers
Karren

4 comments:

Amy O said...

What a gorgeous card, Karren! The colors and your coloring are just beautiful. I love this!

I Card Everyone said...

Karren, it is such a joy to see these darling W&W florals again! I've missed that maidenhair fern!
You really put some work into making that split panel match your card, and the Sketch - aced it!
A gorgeous card!
=]

Jen Brum said...

This card is so amazing Karren! I just love those flowers! Your colouring is amazing! Love that gold foiling as well! I totally think I need to get a foiling machine! This card is definitely going to bring a big smile to someone's face!

Nancy said...

Karen, This is such a gorgeous card! I had to come by and leave you a proper comment. Love the split panel and amazing coloring. Hope to find some time to play along. Hugs!