Thursday 9 June 2022

Blessed

Hi and welcome.  Today's Freshly Made Sketch hostess is Jennifer Timko and she has a great sketch for us.

Here's the card I made:


 I recently got an order from Paper Rose and when I saw Jennifer's sketch, I knew some of the things I bought would work for my card.  The patterned paper is from a Paper Rose paper pack and I die-cut it with a stitched rectangle die before I ran it through the Crackle 3D embossing folder.

The eucalyptus stems were die-cut from two sheets of Memory Box cardstock.  Then came the dilemma.  I couldn't get anything to work for the circle in the sketch.  Finally, I settled on some polaroid dies, cut in black and white.  On the white one I stamped a hashtag sentiment because that seems to go with a polaroid frame.  This is not a word I'd use in everyday life, but it fit the space!




Finally I created a strip with more patterned paper and cardstock and called it done.

Thanks for visiting.  I hope you'll check out the fabulous cards made by the rest of the design team.

Products used:

Stamps:  Hashtags (Tim Holtz)
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Cardstock:  White, Black, Fresh Aqua (Memory Box), One of a Kind (Paper Rose)
Dies:  Precious Polaroids, Stitched Rectangle Sta (MFT), Eucalyptus Stem 2 (Paper Rose)
Accessories:  Crackle EF (Tim Holtz)

Cheers
Karren

5 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Looks like I'll be adding to my wish list from Paper Rose! Aren't their papers just extraordinary?? I feel like I could reach out and feel the dimension in that paper, Karren!
Darling little dies cuts and a delightful place for them to perch!
=]

Jen Brum said...

This card is just fabulous Karren! I love that background paper! It's so fun! Those diecuts are super cute and I love the frames!

Dawn T said...

Amazing Karren. Such a great card. Love that you used polaroid for your circle element.

kiwimeskreations said...

Great use of the sketch - that paper is amazing, I thought it had been crinkled and straightened and then inked again, but it was the paper and an embossing folder! A wonderful card
Blessings
Maxine

Jen Timko said...

All the texture is super cool! Love those die cuts too.