Saturday 10 September 2022

Green Leaves

 Hi and welcome!  Today's card was made for the Seize The Birthday/Color Hues collaboration challenges where the idea is to make a birthday card using navy and lime green.  I'm also linking up to the Repetition challenge at Inskpirational where I've repeated the die-cut elements and the scored lines.

I decided to go with a more masculine card featuring my favourite navy blue colour, Dark Indigo from Papertrey Ink.  I paired that with some alcohol-inked leaves and white polaroid frames to come up with this card.




The Dark Indigo panel was first partially embossed with the Subtle embossing folder then I added some score lines at the bottom before blending Chipped Sapphire ink around the edges to add more interest.  The sentiment was white-embossed.

The alcohol-inked panel was from my stash so I can't remember what ink colours I used.  The leaves were stacked using white die-cuts underneath the alcohol-inked panel.  I then die-cut some polaroid frames and arranged the elements onto the Dark Indigo panel.




Finally, I adhered it to a white card base using foam tape.

Thanks so much for visiting.






Products used:

Stamps:  Sentiment Strips (Altenew)
Ink:  Versamark, Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink, Alcohol Inks
Cardstock:  White, Dark Indigo (PTI), Yupo
Dies:  Precious Polaroids (MFT), Eucalyptus Leaves (SSS)
Accessories:  Subtle EF, Score board, white EP

Cheers
Karren

7 comments:

Dawn T said...

Delightful card Karren. Love the green against the bold blue background with the pop of white in the frames.

I Card Everyone said...

Karren this is just stunning! What a brilliant way to make those polaroid frames shine!
=]

JoAnn said...

Those leaves are beautiful and look great stuck in the frames. I like your partial embossing and scoring on the navy panel. So pretty. Thanks for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.

Lisa Elton said...

Those leaves popping out of the white Polaroid frames look marvelous! THis is pretty, Karren!

Karen said...

What a wonderful design, and those green leaves just pop off the embossed navy background. Thanks for celebrating with us at Color Hues!

Nancy said...

Karren, I have always loved those Eucalyptus leaves from SSS. I love the different tones you achieved with the alcohol inks. Awesome design and wonderful use of the colors. Thanks for playing at both Seize the Birthday and Color Hues!

Marina said...

Clever and unusual design - looks great! Thanks for joining in at Inkspirational.