Thursday 15 September 2022

Sunflower Windows

 Hi!  Today's sketch for Freshly Made Sketches was designed by Cecile Ribon and here's my card:


This is the second time I've used this gorgeous washi in a card in the last week.  It really is gorgeous!

I started by adhering some texture patterned paper to a white card base and then, on another panel of white, I die-cut the Trio Shaker Window die to give me three "windows".  I popped the panel up with foam tape over the patterned paper.

I then die-cut the Photo Booth Strip from white and spritzed it with Tarnished Brass Mica Spray and once it was dry, I adhered that over the openings.  The sunflower washi tape was die-cut and added to the card front with liquid glue and I finished with a black hot-foiled sentiment.


Thanks so much for visiting.  I hope you'll check out the fabulous cards made by the rest of the design team.

Products used:

Cardstock:  White, Textures (CTMH)
Dies:  Photo Booth Strip, Square Trio Shaker Window (MFT), Sunflowers (Pink Fresh Studio), Hey There Combo (Waffle Flower)
Accessories:  Sunflowers:  Fall Version (Pink Fresh Studio), Black Hot Foil, Tarnished Brass Mica Spray

Cheers
Karren

9 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Keep them coming, Karren!! SO gorgeous no matter how you add them!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

I agree with Michele, 100%! This is spectacular, Karren!

Dawn T said...

beautiful Karren. This washi is amazing

Jen Brum said...

Oh this is fabulous my friend! Love those sunflowers! Your colouring is gorgeous! That photo strip is perfect! I just love the gold in those flowers! Wow! So elegant!

Kathy said...

Love your card the flower wrapping as it does and the sentiment coming out from the flowers is so pretty and inviting~

Amy O said...

Washi?!? What?!? This is absolutely gorgeous!

Jen Timko said...

This is seriously the perfect use of the washi. Incredible!

Linda Callahan said...

Such a WOWOWOW card! The washi is fabulous and you create the best backgrounds!

Cécile RIBON said...

Gorgeous floral card, Karren! These blooms look beautiful and I love how you used the trio of shaker windows to create the background, That adds such a great modern touch.