Tuesday 27 September 2022

Plaid Poinsettia

Hi all!  Today was a public holiday as a memorial day for Queen Elizabeth II and I spent some of the day in my craft room making a card for a few challenges.  I chose the sketch from The Paper Players, the Christmas metallic challenge from Happy Little Stampers, the Christmas in September challenge at Sweet Stampin' and the current Tic Tac Toe challenge where I pretty much played with every square except Splatters!  But I'll go with Foliage/Plaid/Berries


I stamped and stenciled the wreath before die-cutting it but then wasn't happy with the colours I'd used. This wreath was already done and in the stamp packet, so I decided to use that as it had more traditional Christmas colours.  The hot-foiled plaid background was also already done so you'd think this card would have been quick to put together, wouldn't you? Ha!  Not for me as I second- and third-guess every step.

 


The sentiment was silver-embossed on black cardstock and die-cut with the co-ordinating die before I put all the elements together on a Cranberry Cocktail card base, which matched the berries.  I added some yellow Nuvo drops to the centres of the poinsettias and Copic-coloured some pearls to try and match the cranberry colour.

Thanks for visiting.








Products used:

Stamps:  Poinsettia (Pink Fresh Studio), Poinsettia Bouquet (WPlus9)
Ink:  Amalgam (Gina K Designs), Versamark, various Altenew inks for the stenciling
Cardstock:  Cranberry Cocktail, Black Licorice (MFT), White
Dies:  Poinsettia (Pink Fresh Studio), Poinsettia Bouquet (WPlus9), Triple Line Diamond Hot Foil Plate (Waffle Flower)
Accessories:  Poinsettia stencil (Pink Fresh Studio), Silver EP, Silver Hot Foil, Pearls, Dandelion Yellow Nuvo Drops

Cheers
Karren

7 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

The foiled background is lovely and the wreath looks wonderful with it! I watched so much British TV the week the queen died....and a full six hours on her funeral day!

Dawn T said...

gorgeous card Karren. Your wreath is so pretty. Happy to see you join us at Sweet Stampin' challenge.

I Card Everyone said...

Karren, I can't think of any combination of colors that wouldn't be perfect for these darling Poinsettias! But I will say that your choices here are gorgeous! What a fabulous hot foil plaid!
=]

LeAnne said...

A gorgeous wreath AND a gorgeous background! I know that card-making is a process and sometimes it just takes a while. I second & third-guess myself al the time. But it was a wonderful way to spend your day and I thank you for sharing this with us at the Players this week!

Jennie Maier said...

I love your foil plaid background with the pretty wreath! Thanks for playing at The Paper Player this week!

Jaydee said...

Karren, I love that gorgeous wreath, especially with the foiled DSP behind. It adds just the right touch of shimmer and shine. So glad you shared this beauty with us at the Paper Players this week
Jaydee

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Elegant and lovely. Wonderful Christmas creation! Thanks for sharing it with us at Sweet Stampin', so delighted you did. Hugs, Wends xoxo Sweet Stampin' DT