Friday 30 September 2022

Waxed Leaves

 HI all and welcome to a new Fusion challenge.  I was a bit stumped with what to do for this challenge but then I saw the most amazing technique by Dawn Woleslagle from WPlus9 and I was immediately inspired to create this card.  



When I saw Dawn's video, I immediately set out to buy the stencil set she used.  I had it in my cart and was about to push the button when I thought to check my stash and guess what?  I already had it and had never used it!  Doh!  Anyway, I set about creating the background following her video and using colours from the inspiration photo.  In keeping with the autumn theme, I die-cut and stacked some leaves and then randomly added foundry wax to them before heat-setting.


To keep the sentiment matching with the foundry wax, I gold embossed it onto black and then finished with some gold pearls.


Thanks for visiting.  Please check out the fabulous cards made by the rest of the design team.

Products used:

Stamps:  Essential Sentiments (MFT)
Ink:  Versamark, Matcha, Wintergreen, Seafoam, Whipped Honey, Shea Butter, Tiara, Sauna, Ginger, Terracotta (Catherine Pooler)
Cardstock:  White, Black
Dies:  Fall Leaves (Waffle Flower)
Accessories:  Winter Wonder BG Stencil (Honey Bee Stamps), Antique Gold EP, Warm Pearls (Honey Bee Stamps), Statue Foundry Wax

Cheers
Karren

7 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Karren, I watched in awe as Dawn created her cards! So happy you checked your stash as you've used this technique really beautifully today! I am in awe of your card, too!
=]

Dawn T said...

Beautifully done Karren. I saw Dawn's video and love the results she achieved. You've done her proud with your card. Looks incredible.

Tristan said...

How stunning is your sponged background? Perfect for those die cut leaves.

Linda Callahan said...

Hmm I need to shop your stash! This card is gorgeous - fabulous background and the black waxy leaves are perfect!

Marilyn (stampwithMJ) said...

What a fun card with the background & bold leaves.

kiwimeskreations said...

A gorgeous card Karren, and I am off now to watch the video
Blessings
Maxine

Cécile RIBON said...

Wow! This technique is awesome and the card you created is absolute gorgeousness, so unique!