Thursday 8 September 2016

Balloon Birthday

Hi and welcome back to Fusion Card Challenge!  After a long break, we're back and raring to go and with some new faces as well!  Check out our new look and new challenge:



I went with the sketch this time but did pull a few elements from the photo - predominantly the green and black colors.  I had some fun with alchohol inks and created a beautiful panel using some soft and pale colors.  I've had alcohol inks for years and years and doing the recent Creative Chemistry course has re-activated my interest in this medium.



My card is pretty self-explanatory.  I used some stitched dies to frame the inked piece and die-cut a balloon and sponged the left hand side for some dimension.  The sentiment is white embossed and comes from the MFT set The Whole Herd - I think this is one of my favorite birthday sentiment stamps.




Thanks for visiting.  Check out what the rest of the DT have created for this challenge by clicking on their names below.



Products used:

Stamps:  The Whole Herd (MFT)
Ink:  Versamark, Surf  Blue (SSS) Alcohol Inks (Aqua, Citrus, Cool Peri, Juniper, Peach Bellini, Silver)
Cardstock:  Soft Stone (PTI), Green Apple, Surf Blue (SSS), Black, Alcohol Ink Cardstock (Ranger)
Dies:  Balloon Bash (PTI), Basic Stitch Lines, Blueprints 23, Stitched Fishtail Flags (MFT), Stitched Mats Rectangles (Lil Inkers)
Accessories:  White EP

Cheers
Karren


8 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Well those alcohol inks make a fantastic panel! Almost looks metallic! Love the finished look......and I love the pop of the blue balloon - perfect!

cm said...

Karren, so thrilled to be on the team with you! Your alcohol inks panel is gorgeous! Such things don't exist in my collection, mainly due to space; my crafting zone is a corner of the kitchen counter, between the fridge and stove...teensy! After seeing what you've designed, however, I may just *have* to find room! A beautiful inspired, inspiring card in every way!
~carol

Lyn said...

That panel you created is beautiful <3, I love the little die cut tie for the balloon too.

Karen Davis said...

Love that alcohol panel Karren. Such pretty colours. A perfect take on the sketch.

Rosemary said...

super cool card, karren!!

Cécile RIBON said...

What a fabulous take on the newest Fusion Challenge ! Your background panel is gorgeous

Barb Ghig said...

Alcohol inks are your friend, Karren! Your background is gorgeous, and I love how you framed the panel with stitching and scallops...WOW! I also love this crisp, clean b-day sentiment...it's perfect in white on black! Another gorgeous card!

Julia Aston said...

A beautiful alcohol ink background for your fun birthday balloon!