Friday 30 September 2016

Snowdude

Hi and welcome!  I've had the week off work (yay!) but today is Friday and my last day (boo!).  I've spent some time in my craft room, but mostly making cards for upcoming challenges.  I took some time out, though, to make this card which uses the Christmas inspiration at The Challenge as well as the sketch at Paper Players.


Excuse the photo!  I had to take it with my phone as my camera battery was charging.  I went quite literal with the inspiration photo as you can see!  This cute snowman is so adorable and he really stands out against the black snowflake-stenciled sky.  For the "hill" I die-cut some Watercolor Wash patterned paper by MFT in the soft blue shade.  I was going to cut it down to match the width of the black strip, but I quite liked the look of it so left it a bit wider.


Thanks for visiting.




Products used:

Stamps:  Swanky Snowdudes (Paper Smooches), Toasty Greetings (MFT)
Ink:  Black Licorice Hybrid
Cardstock:  White, Black, X-Press It, Watercolor Wash (MFT)
Dies:  Swanky Snowdudes (Paper Smooches), Stitched Hills & Slopes (SSS)
Accessories:  Embossing Paste, Falling Snow Stencil (SSS)

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout out at Paper Players.


7 comments:

Ruth said...

Isn't he the cutest?? Love those snowflakes too in the background. Xx

Claire Broadwater said...

Karren, this is adorable! I love this little snowman and all the white space looks amazing! So happy you joined us at The Challenge and The Paper Players this week!

Notes by Nina said...

So cute Karren, I love this simple design and your snowman is darling. Thank you for joining us for The Challenge.

Natalie Lapakko said...

So cute! What a nice job you did shading that snowman; it's so smooth he looks 3D. I like how the snowy ground is a little wider than the sky, too. That's a nice touch to add depth. Thanks for sharing!

Colleen Begley said...

This Snow Dude is the cutest, Karren! Such a great CAS card and fits both challenges perfectly. Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players this week.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love it Karren - your snowman is beyond adorable! Thanks for playing along with my challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

Barb Ghig said...

Oh, how CUTE, Karen! I love how your stenciled snowflakes pop against the black, and that you left the hill a little bit wider...Beautiful Copic coloring, too...as always! Great job combining challenges, too :)