Saturday 24 September 2016

Penguin Christmas

Welcome!  Today's card was colored up on Thursday night, when I felt like crafting but didn't want to think about layouts, etc.  So I took this NBUS An Arctic Christmas stamp and just spent some time coloring.


This is such an adorable image and while it is big, it was relaxing coloring it in - apart from when I picked up the wrong marker and started coloring my mountain (see on the left!)  I used some of the blends used by Kelly Latevola as I love her bright and vivid coloring.  Some of the blends worked well and some others I couldn't get a nice blend (the red/orange one!)  I'm not sure if it's partly because I stamped onto Neenah cardstock instead of my usual X-Press It.  I'll need to experiment more.

Anyway, after coloring the image and stamping the sentiment, I painted the ornaments and stars with Star Dust Stickles and put it aside to dry.  I came back to it this morning (Saturday) and die-cut it with a wonky stitched rectangle die and mounted it flat onto a white card base.

I'm entering this into the current Merry Monday challenge where Kathy is looking for warmth in a Christmas card, as well at Addicted to Stamps and More who have a "Make Your Mark" challenge.

Thanks for visiting.  Here is the mountain of markers I used on this card.






Products used:

Stamps:  An Arctic Christmas (SSS)
Ink:  Black Licorice Hybrid (MFT)
Cardstock:  White
Dies:  Wonky Stitched Rectangles (MFT)
Accessories:  Copics, Star Dust Stickles (Ranger)

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout out at Merry Monday and Addicted to Stamps and More.

17 comments:

Bonnie said...

Hey, Karren! It's so nice to see you in the MM gallery, especially with this delightfully colored image! Wow!

Aileen said...

Wonderful card Karren, love the scene aand perfect finish with the twinkly gold

Karen Dunbrook said...

so, so delightful mf....how fun!
amazing colouring too!
hugs,
K

Marcia Hill said...

Adorable image Karren and so beautifully colored...love it!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Merry Monday's!! :0)

Susan Powell said...

What an adorable image - your coloring is fantastic - I thought that color on the left side of the mountain was shading - great card!

Nancy Thomas said...

Tons of beautiful coloring - a very bright and happy card.

Lee Ann Barrett said...

This is so darling, Karren! Your coloring style is perfect for this cute image!

SonjaK said...

Awwww, this really is an adorable scene! And i LOVE the bright colors you used on it. Absolutely wonderful!

Unknown said...

oh my what an adorable scene!! Super sweet and I love your colouring! Thank you for joining the ATSM challenge!
Kamila DT

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

Your coloring is spectacular and the stamped image is adorable! So glad you joined us at Merry Monday this week!

Kath said...

A fabulous card - love the cute image.
Kath x

Barb Ghig said...

As always, your Copic coloring is just BEAUTIFUL, Karren! I didn't even notice the left mountain until you mentioned it, so it's all good :) I love that you chose the Wonky Stitched Rectangle for the border, too...Such a lovely Christmas card...I LOVE it!

Martina Svoboda said...

Oh, I love it, great coloring job! So may colors in a great harmony. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More! Martina

NJ Stamping Queen said...

Wow! Fabulous image and expert coloring! Thanks for sharing this fun card with us at ATSM challenge blog–please join us again soon!
:) Marie–ATSM DT

Narelle Farrugia said...

You are amazing with your colouring! I think that looks like the total of my copic markers....

Maikreations said...

Just saw your card at the "Addicted to Stamps" website and had to come by to tell you that I think it is a super fun card, love the colours and the cute image! Happy crafting, Maike

NJ Stamping Queen said...

Adorable image and expert coloring! Thanks for inspiring me today!
:) Marie--ATSM teamie