Sunday 11 September 2016

Inspired Hello

Hi, I'm thrilled to be joining the team at Inspired By All The Little Things as a Challenge Creator.  As part of the challenge, I get to invite a fellow card-maker to join us for the week and create a card using the inspiration photo I chose.  For my first guest, I invited a fellow Kiwi, Karen Davis, who makes the most spectacular cards.  If you're not familiar with her work, I really urge you to check out her blog.

I also made a card using the inspiration photo and here it is:


I have to say that I really like this card.  I was so happy with how the flowers came out - although in the photo above they are a little out of focus as the camera wanted to focus on the gold foil.  I was inspired by the black and white striped wall as well as the gold and peach colors and the vase of flowers on the desk.  The flowers were stamped, colored and die-cut and adhered to a white panel.  On top of that, I applied gold foil to a "hello" die-cut.  The card base was stamped (several times thanks to Misti!) with the Wide Stripes background stampe by SSS.  Lastly the white panel was popped up on foam tape.


Thanks for visiting.  I do hope you'll check out the challenge and be inspired  to make a card by some element/s in the photo.  Be sure to check out the fabulous cards made by the Design Team as well!  And finally, thanks so much to Karen for being my first guest.  I look forward to seeing more of your beautiful work.




Products used:

Stamps:  Wide Stripes (SSS), From All of Us (Clearly Besotted)
Ink:  Black Licorice Hybrid, Jet Black Archival
Cardstock:  White, Toner paper, X-Press It
Dies:  From All of Us (CB), Painted Hello (SSS)
Accessories:  Copics, Gold Foil, Mini Minc

Cheers
Karren



12 comments:

Karen Davis said...

Your card is so perfect Karren. The copic flowers are gorgeous and I love the foiled Hello! Congrats on your new Designer role.

Leigh Penner said...

This is so sweet and pretty! Wonderful take on the inspiration photo!

FreeToBeMe..LisaJ said...

Karren,
Wowzer your card is absolutely beautiful I love the soft colors on the flowers and the black and white stripes just make it pop even more.

Narelle Farrugia said...

Congratulations on your new design gig! Your card is gorgeous Karren!

Karen Day said...

An awesome debut with Inspired By!! Lovely card, Karren :o)

Marcie Sharp said...

Beautiful colouring! Welcome to the team!

Sheri Gilson said...

Gorgeous card Karren! Love your take on this weeks inspiration photo! Welcome to the team!

Cécile RIBON said...

Wow Karren your card is so classy ! Love it so much !

KimCreate said...

Love you take on the inspiration! The gold word looks super over the flowers. Kim

Barb Ghig said...

Congrats on your new DT spot!!! Foil cardstock is always hard to photograph...I love your sentiment, and your flowers are absolutely beautiful, Karren! Your Copic coloring skills just slay me :) I'm loving your bold black & white stripes along the border, too! A really lovely take on the inspiration photo!

Mac Mable said...

Such an elegant and classy card. Great stamping with those stamps and those ever so pretty flowers. Loving the pop of gold too x

Bonnie said...

This is stunning Karren! The gold just pops beautifully against the flowers....and your stripes are perfection! (Don't you just love that Misti?!!)