Sunday 25 September 2016

Bountiful Birthday

For my second post today, I'm entering a card into the current challenge at Time Out, based on the gorgeous inspiration photo, the autumn challenge at Uniko and the Colours of Fall Challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks.


Even though I've probably never used the word "bountiful" in my life :), I really like this card.  I smooshed distress inks onto my craft sheet then ran some watercolor paper through several times, drying between each pass.  Once I was happy with the result, I die-cut the leaves then stamped the veins.  Finally, I sponged Vintage Photo ink around the outsides of the leaves and put them to one side.  On the white card base, I stamped the leaves and veins using Fog ink down the left hand side, filling in the gaps with some splatter stamps.  I then positioned the leaves, with the smalles one popped up on foam tape, and stamped the sentiment.  The word "Bountiful" was die-cut and adhered to the card base.

I finished the card with some rainstones in various sizes.



Thanks for visiting.







Products Used:

Stamps:  Color Pop Autumn, Leaf Prints (PTI), Distressed Patterns (MFT)
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Fog (SSS), Peeled Paint, Fossilized Amber, Rusty Hinge, Bundles Sage, Scattered Straw, Festive Berries, Vintage Photo Distress Inks
Cardstock:  White, Black, Watercolor
Dies:  Color Pop Autumn, Leaf Prints
Accessories:  Rainstones

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout out at 4 Crafty ChicksTime Out Challenges and Uniko.

26 comments:

Aileen said...

Beautiful card Karren, cant ever imagine using bountiful but who knows. Absolutely love how you did the card with the soft stamped leaves and splatters and those have to be the best die cut and watercolour coloured leaves I have ever seen. The colours are spot on and the leaves look so real.

sandie said...

This is lovely, the effect of the leaves is so real and I love you captured the essence of our photo with the fog ink on the base of your card. I love this card Karren and so pleased you entered it into Time Out x

Deborah Frings said...

Wow! These leaves are wonderful. They really have so much texture and the variation in colour makes them look real. Love the little dew drops too! Super sentiment. Thanks so much for playing along with Uniko this month! Deborah, DT.

I Card Everyone said...

I'd say you've achieved a bounty of beauty here, my friend! LOve it! and those little droplets are so perfect on your leaves - I see a winner here, my friend!
=]

Susanne Vargas said...

Oh my, how gorgeous is this card! The leaves look so real and I absolutely love the grey background! Will have to pin it!

marilyn said...

Outstanding card! I've been looking for some nice stamp leaves and these are great...but pricey. Thank you for a wonderful description of your technique as well.

Barb Ghig said...

Oh my gosh Karren, your leaves are AMAZING! Your inking and blending made them look so realistic, and I love how you stamped the leaves and splatters in the background! Love your sentiment, too...such a striking card!

gardener said...

I very much like the edge t the fog colored leaves as a back drop for the autumnal ones. I would not have thought of that. Great design and color combo. Bountious kudos 😁

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Oooh! This is one yummy Autumnal card Karren. You've captured the tones perfectly and those leaves look so realistic you could have almost picked them straight from a tree. Thanks for sharing with us at Uniko this month. Sarah

Hannelie said...

Your leaves looks amazingly real!

Karen Dunbrook said...

love...love...love it...fantastic looking card!

Linda Callahan said...

Man you are on a roll girl.....this is absolutely gorgeous!

Wanda Cullen said...

So glad I scrolled down your blog and saw this GORGEOUS fall card! Big WOW on the awesome coloring!

Lindsey said...

You've nailed it with your watercoloured inked leaves - fabulous depth of colour. I do like the grey stamped leafy background too x

cm said...

Absolutely breath-taken away gorgeous! Those leaves...WOW! I don't think I've ever used bountiful either, but here, works perfectly!!
~carol

Anita in France said...

Wow, Karren, these smooshed leaves are stunning ... gorgeous against the subtle neutral background stamping ... and the tiny drops of 'dew' are perfect! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

Narelle Farrugia said...

Total wow! You have given your leaves such life! I seriously need to learn how to technique like you!

Kim S said...

Those leaves are absolutely amazing!

Jennifer said...

This is gorgeous!!!! I love it!

sandie said...

Congrats for winning at TO. If you want to join us as GD see our blog for details x

Aileen said...

Fantastic win at time out Karren, totally deserved. Amazing card

Karen said...

This is stunning, and a well-deserved challenge win!

nancy littrell said...

Absolutely Amazing work of FAll Art, Karren! I love how you stamped in grey your leaves for a soft, subtle background. Your distress ink smooshed leaves turned out beautifully. TFS and congratulations on your win. Hugs, Nancy

LeAnne said...

This is STUNNING!

Rahmat said...

Stunning inking on the leaves, so pretty, thanks for joining us at Uniko.

Beverley said...

WOW! Loving the falling die cut leaves down the side of your card and the subtle stamped leaves as if they are shadows is a wonderful touch. Thanks so much for joining in at Uniko and my apologies for popping by so late to comment. Hugs Bev x