Saturday 17 September 2016

Hey Chick

Hi!  I have spent a good few hours today in my craft room and it was fun!  I made a couple of cards for upcoming challenges and also made a couple of cards for some challenges going on right now.  This one is for the current farm inspiration at SugarPea Designs as well as the Stamp theme at Work It Wednesday and Anything Goes at Seize the Birthday.


I started this card by stamping out all the images onto cardstock and coloring them with Copics.  I had no idea how I was going to lay out my card, but I just felt like coloring :)  Once I was finished, I die-cut them all and then worked on a layout.  A few pieces couldn't fit so I've put them away for next time.

On the card base, I cut a sloping mask from copy paper and sponged on Broken China ink for the sky and Cracked Pistachio for the ground.  It's really faint in the photo but you can see it IRL.  All of the images were adhered directly to the card base apart from the girl who is popped up on foam tape.  I then drew in some shadows with a C3 and C1 marker.  Here are a couple of close-ups.




And even though I tried to limit how many different colors I used, here is the photo of the Copics used on this card - too many for the container I usually use for the photos!




Thanks for visiting.

15


workitwedbanner


Products used:

Stamps:  Barn to be Wild, Best of Cluck (SugarPea Designs)
Ink:  Black Licorice Hybrid, Broken China, Cracked Pistachio Distress
Cardstock:  White
Dies:  Barn to be Wild
Accessories:  Copics, white gel pen

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout out at SugarPea Designs.

14 comments:

Aileen said...

I love this card Karren, such a wonderful scene. I struggle with scenes mostly case I dont buy many scene stamps or dies but I think mostly cause I'm too lazy. Love your colouring, that little girl with the plait is so cute.

Ruth said...

Love love love this scene! It's great when you get the chance to have a good play and a good chance to colour and then decide what to do with them. Turned out lovely! Xx

Barb Ghig said...

You are so creative, Karren! I love how you created depth by adding shadows (have to try that), and your Copic coloring is just beautiful! Thanks for always sharing the colors with us...I really appreciate it :)

maria f. said...

An absolutely adorable scene and I love that you've kept so much white space.

Darnell said...

This is a fabulous farm scene, Karren! I know, I grew up in Iowa! I'm glad you had a full crafty day and I can't wait to see what else you made! Enjoy your day!! Hugs, Darnell

Ardyth said...

I often feel like colouring, but rarely achieve such amazing results! Love this farm scene! So glad you joined us at SugarPea Designs' Mix it Up Challenge!

Patti said...

This is the most adorable scene!! I love farms and farm images. You did an amazing job coloring each element and laying your design! Outstanding!!

Thanks a bunch for joining the fun at Seize The Birthday!

Patti

shirley-bee said...

Wonderful little scene, and fabulous colouring! Thanks for playing along at Seize The Birthday :)

Narelle Farrugia said...

LOVE! This is such a wonderful card! I adore the little scene you've created and as always your colouring is perfect!

Jeanne J. said...

Oh Wow Karren! Your coloring is amazing! Wonderful scene you created!

Lisa Lara said...

Absolutely brilliant card Karren!

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

Amazing coloring and I love the sweet scene you created with so many of the stamps!!

Karen Davis said...

Perfect copic work as usual Karren. A very sweet card.

Linda Callahan said...

Oh the farmer's daughter is a sweeeetheart! Your coloring is fab girl!