Monday 26 September 2016

Papertrey September Blog Hop Challenge

Hi!  I'm back with another card - this one for the September Blog Hop over at Papertrey Ink.  This is the first time I've submitted a card to any PTI challenge!


I bought the Spruce & Sprigs set just after Christmas last year but the dies were out of stock, so I've only just got the dies now.  From the inspiration photo, I immediately saw a rustic Christmas scene so decided to start with a kraft card base and put another kraft layer backed with Dark Chocolate.  For the arrangement, I stamped and die-cut several of each image in both kraft and white.  In the end I decided to stick with the kraft as they suited the inspiration photo more.

I arranged the images then used Press 'n' Seal to hold it together while I adhered it to the card.  The sentiment comes from Signature Christmas which is still one of my favorites sentiment sets (along with Signature Greetings).



Thanks for visiting.

Blog Hop

Products used:

Stamps:  Spruce & Sprigs, Signature Christmas (PTI)
Ink:  Dark Chocolate, Pure Poppy, Pine Feather, Harvest Gold, Ripe Avocado
Cardstock:  Desert Storm, Dark Chocolate (SSS)
Dies:  Spruge & Sprigs (PTI)
Accessories:  Wink of Stella

Cheers
Karren

16 comments:

Keri said...

Simple perfection! :)

Renee said...

Love this!
I just got S&S a couple months ago because both stamps and dies very FINALLY in stock...
this beauty makes me want to get them out right now...
beautiful!

Julia Aston said...

What a great mix of colors you used on your layered sprigs Karren! A beautiful inspired design!

Kathryn A said...

I love your gathering of sprigs in the corner, and how the dark brown frame sets it all off. Great card!

Marcia Hill said...

Absolutely beautiful Karren!! CAS perfection...love it!! :0)

Karen said...

A perfect Christmas card, and wonderful interpretation of the inspiration piece

Rosemary said...

gorgeous design, karren!! you really made the spruce & sprigs set shine!! (now the dies are in stock, but the stamp set is sold out! :( I really want that set!!!)

Betty Wright said...

Beautiful colors and arrangements! Lovely card!

Marybeth said...

Karren your Christmas cluster is just gorgeous! Beautiful card!

Michelle said...

Love this bright and beautiful Christmas card! The Christmas cluster is devine!

Susi said...

I remember when the Spruce & Sprigs set came out last year, I was so excited to get them into my crafty little hands! Your card reminds me of just how beautiful that set is, and that I MUST take it out and use it more often. Lovely framing and fabulous LO!

Unknown said...

Beautiful Christmas card! So happy you got the matching dies to this beautiful set--they make life easier, aye? Great card!

I Card Everyone said...

LOve this set, and your card, Karren ... it is new to me when released, and took me months to find the dies in stock! Look at you in New Zealand using press n seal - which I haven't tried yet! [don't tell Laurie, the Queen of Press n Seal!] xx
=]

merryf said...

this is really lovely!

Linda Callahan said...

Sooo classy.......soooo elegant......soooo beautiful!

Barb Ghig said...

Beautiful color combo, and I love how you placed all the elements on your card! Another stunning creation, Karren!