Tuesday 13 September 2016

Doggy Hello

A quick post from me tonight!  I made this card on the weekend for the MFT Sketch Challenge, but then wasn't sure if I would post it or not.  I feel the sponging is too heavy and overpowers the card and the wee dog looks like an after thought.  But, as they say, you gotta be in to win, so here goes.


I stenciled directly onto a white card base using various brown distress inks, keeping the color darker in the bottom left corner and fading out towards the top right.

Once I was finished, I die-cut into the card base with the largest Pierced Rectangle Frame.  I adhered a sheet of copy paper behind the front of the card base, then placed the centre of the frame back into the gap.  I added foam tape to the actual frame and popped that back into the channel that was left.

The sentiment was white-embossed and the wee dog was colored with Copics and popped up on foam tape.  I put Glossy Accents on his nose and finally added some brown enamel dots.




Thanks for visiting.


Products used:

Stamps:  You Make My Tail Wag, Hog Heaven (MFT)
Ink:  Versamark, Black Licorice Hybrid, Antique Linen, Frayed Burlap, Gathered Twigs, Ground Espresso Distress Inks
Cardstock:  White, Black, X-Press It
Dies:  You Make My Tail Wag, Pierced Rectangle Frames, Pierced Fishtail Flag Stax (MFT)
Accessories:  Large Grid Stencil, White EP, Copics, Enamel Dots, Glossy Accents

Cheers
Karren

2 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Super cute card Karren! The dog is adorable! Love the background!

Barb Ghig said...

Such a cute card, Karren! I don't think your sponging was too heavy, and your pup is adorable...definitely not an afterthought! Beautiful Copic coloring as always, too! Great job on the sketch :)