Wednesday 21 September 2016

Rainbows

Hi and welcome!  I'm here with my card as September Guestie for Color Throwdown and this week we have a beautiful, bright color combo for you:



What a gorgeous photo!  I decided to do some ink blending for my card and added some black, just like the photo, to come up with this card:


I blended distress inks in a light to dark pattern from bottom left to top right.  Once that was done, I die-cut a black panel using the Striped Sentiment Strip by MFT.  Onto that, I embossed with Tiger Lily EP the sentiment from Rainbow of Happiness set.  The panel was added to the card base with foam tape and I finished with some clear sequins.




Thanks for visiting.  Check out the fabulous inspiration from the talented Color Throwdown design team:

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy


Products used:

Stamps:  Rainbow of Happiness (MFT)
Ink:  Versamark, Squeezed Lemonade, Carved Pumpkin, Seedless Preserves, Wilted Violet Distress Inks
Cardstock:  White, Black, Watercolor
Dies:  Striped Sentiment Strip (MFT)
Accessories:  Tiger Lily EP (Wendy Vecchi)

Cheers
Karren


7 comments:

Susanne Vargas said...

That background you created is really striking! Fabulous ink blending!

Broni said...

Karren, this card is simply gorgeous!!

Karen Davis said...

Fabulous! I love how the sequins look like they 'setting'or 'rising' behind the black bands. A perfect take on the challenge.

Linda Callahan said...

Bold and beautiful!

Stampingcountry said...

Wow, you really captured the color challenge!

Cécile RIBON said...

Wow! This card is Nothing but a coloring master piece!

Barb Ghig said...

Congrats on your Guest Designer spot, Karren! What a fabulous card! I love how you blended your inks from light to dark, and the black panel is the perfect touch! Tiger Lily EP is new to me, but I'm loving the effect it has, and your sentiment is spot on!!!