Wednesday 28 September 2016

Santa Paws

Hi and welcome to another fabulous sketch from the team at Freshly Made Sketches.  This week the legendary Jennifer Timko is our hostess and here is her sketch.


I decided to make a Christmas card this week and came up with this card using a couple of different companies' stamp sets.


I took the cat and cat bed from Cool Cat by MFT and added the Santa Hat from Happy Howlidays by SSS/Lawn Fawn to create a Santa Paws :)  All three images were masked and then fussy-cut out.

Once I'd finished coloring and cutting, I put the cat to one side and concentrated on the card base.  For some reason, I was determined to use an open banner frame so had to make the actual base interesting.  I used a stencil and some Scattered Straw ink to sponge some color onto the base and then placed the white stitched banner frame.  I positioned the cat so I could stamp my sentiment and then finally adhered the cat.


Thanks for visiting.  The rest of the design team have some wonderful inspiration for you so be sure to check them out.

I'm linking this up to AAA Cards who have a masking challenge going at the moment.



Products used:

Stamps:  Cool Cat (MFT), Happy Howlidays (SSS/Lawn Fawn)
Ink:  Black Licorice Hybrid, Scattered Straw Distress
Cardstock:  White, X-Press It
Dies:  Stitched Fishtail Frames (MFT)
Accessories:  Copics, Large Grid Stencil (MFT)

Cheers
Karren

16 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

LOve this little meowy Christmas kitty! and that clever sentiment! Karren I think your open banner was the perfect choice! I surely do hope I find a bit of extra time to play along this week!
=]

Linda Callahan said...

I think I need those banner dies.....you do the best commercials! Lol....this is adorable....cute little critter and fabulous background!

Julia Aston said...

Love your sweet Santa kitty sitting on his pillow!!

Aileen said...

Love this Karren, you never cease to amaze me with your wonderful ideas. Thank you so much for sharing them.

Narelle Farrugia said...

I just laughed out loud that sweet as sentiment!!! Totally fabulous and perfectly combined with that cute cat!

Kim S said...

LOVE all of that open space framing that cute little "santa paws"!

Rosemary said...

oh this is just too stinkin' cute, karren!!

Jen Mitchell said...

You are the Queen of masking because I would never guess that these were separate images. But you've expertly put them together and created a fabulously cute Christmas card!

Jen Brum said...

What a fabulous card Karren! I love those banner dies. I am pretty sure I need them!!! That little kitty is so sweet! Love your colouring! That background is pretty amazing too!!!

Amy O said...

Your stenciled backgrounds always turn out looking like beautiful dsp! You do such amazing things with ink! I love this sweet kitty and punny sentiment. Cute card, Karren!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

What a cute, fun and wonderful Christmas card. Loving that appropriate greeting too and thanks for playing along in our masking challenge at AAA Cards. Sarah x

Barb Ghig said...

Another really cute card, Karren! I love how you placed the fishtail frame to reveal the stencil, and your puny sentiment is so fun! Love this sweet card!

Cindy Hall said...

I love the background design that you created and I love how you combined the stamp sets to add a holiday flair to the cat set; that creates endless possibilities! This card is awesome, Karren.

Jen Timko said...

This kitty, that inked background, and the open banner. Yep.....perfection!

Cécile RIBON said...

Wow Karren! I'm totally in love with this cute Santa cat! And you inked such a fabulous background! Love your card so so so so so much

Coralynn Murray said...

Such a lovely card and that kitty is purr-fect! (hehe couldn't resist!) Your masking is wonderful and I love your design and colours. Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!