Saturday 3 September 2016

Tentacle Birthday

The stencil I used on my card today is called Tentacles - hence my blog post title.  However, when I saw it, I didn't see tentacles but instead a gorgeous pattern and I just had to have it.  Today is its first outing.


This stencil is by Brett Weldele and sold through Stampers Anonymous.  I bought three of these a couple of weeks ago from a local online store and I just love them.  I used the first one the other day on this card.

Anyway, onto the card, which I made to cover a few challenges:  the sketch at MFT, the colors from Color Throwdown, the Anything Goes theme at SSS and the birthday themes at City Crafter and Seize the Birthday (no toppings).

I chose distress inks as close to the bright blue, green and yellow in the CTD palette
 and went to town with my stencil brushes and the stencil onto a piece of white cardstock.  Once I was happy with the inking, I adhered some Poppy cardstock strips down each side and mounted it onto a white card base.  The "amazing" word is stacked three high and adhered to the stenciled piece.  I white embossed the rest of the sentiment and popped the pieces up on foam tape.  Then I went scrounging for some red enamel dots and found my last three!


Thanks for visiting!

Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog





Products used:

Stamps:  Amazing (MFT)
Ink:  Versamark, Mermaid Lagoon, Twisted Citron, Squeezed Lemonade Distress Inks
Cardstock:  White, black, Poppy (MFT)
Dies:  Doubly Amazing (MFT)
Accessories:  Tentacles Stencil (Stampers Anonymous), Enamel Dots, White EP

Cheers
Karren

12 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Fabulous birthday card! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

Lin said...

Lovely colors, Karren! The black sentiment makes everything pop! Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Rosemary said...

what a cool card, karren... that stencil is awesome!! I can see why you bought it!!

Wanda Cullen said...

Gorgeous blending of colors and am loving the versatility of that stencil! How fun! Thanks so much for joining us at Color Throwdown!

Lisa Lara said...

This is absolutely crazy gorgeous Karren. I love the colors and pops of black. I cannot wait to see what you do with the SPD chickens.

Vickie Z said...

Love that stencil and the colors! So glad you joined us at CTD!

shirley-bee said...

Stunning card! Great colours, and I love how you've done the sentiment. Thanks so much for playing along at Seize The Birthday :)

Patti said...

Wowie Kazowie!! Karen this stencil is to die for!! I love your amazing card!!!!!! Thank you so much for joining us at Seize The birthday! My jaw is still on the ground! : )

Patti

Barb Ghig said...

I don't see tentacles either, but I do see a really cool pattern, and your ink blending is amazing, Karren! I love your bold, black sentiment, too...this is truly a striking card...Love it!

Karen Davis said...

I love the stencil too. When I first saw the card, before reading your post, it reminded me of a spiky chrysanthemum. Such a versatile stencil. I love how you have used it on the card, and I love your arrangement of the sentiment, a pattern in itself.

Greta said...

You worked magic with your stencil brushes--great card, Karren!

Karen Dunbrook said...

pretty...I love the colours you used and the effect you achieved.
TFS