Thursday 1 September 2016

Father's Day

This Sunday is Father's Day here in New Zealand and I wanted to make a special card for my father.  I decided to go with the Mojo Monday Tall & Skinny sketch and combined that with the stitching challenge at Simon Says Stamp, the "no designer paper" theme at Sweet Stampin' and the "F" challenge at Cardz for Guyz.


I used a new stencil and my new stencil brushes to make the blue and green panels.  Once I'd finished brushing ink onto them, I stamped some of the splatters from Distressed Patterns using silver ink before cutting them to size..  My card base is 7" x 4" and I adhered the blue panels top and bottom, leaving a blank spot in the middle.  The green panel was matted onto a black backing and the sentiment was white-embossed onto a strip die-cut with a die from Blueprints 6.  For tha flag, I used a strip of vellum and clear-embossed the silver splatters to tie it into the rest of the card.  I then stitched the vellum and the blue panels onto the card base.



The words were die-cut from Little Letters dies and positioned in the bottom right corner of the green panel - and yes the 'love' is slightly crooked :)



That pretty much sums up my card.  Thanks for visiting and I hope my dad will like this.

Cardz 4 Guyz Logo

Simon Monday Challenge Blog


Sweet Stampin' Challenge Blog



Products used:

Stamps:  Distressed Patterns (MFT), KIS:  Father (PTI)
Ink:  Versamark, Hero Arts Silver, Broken China, Twisted Citron Distress Inks
Cardstock:  Black, watercolor, vellum
Dies:  Little Letters, Blueprints 6 (MFT)
Accessories:  Clear EP, Scribbles Stencil (Stampers Anonymous), sewing machine

Cheers
Karren

7 comments:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, this is fantastic! Love those gorgeous background panels. So glad you could join us for Mojo Monday! Now I'm off to find that scribbles stencil. :)

Jen Mitchell said...

What a coincidence. I'm off to get that scribbles stencil too! You are the worst (and by that I mean the best) enabler ever! This card is so awesome I'm considering coming to New Zealand so that I can steal it from your stash before you give it to your father. You have been warned.

Cara said...

Funny how Father's Day is at different times in different countries! I'm sure your Dad loved this fab card. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'. Cara DT x

Cazro said...

Aa great CA Smasculine card. It copuld be adapted for many ocassions. Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz DT

Meihsia Liu said...

Love your beautiful card! The stitching is awesome. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

Barb Ghig said...

Another really cool pattern, Karren! I love how you added the silver splatters to this fabulous color palette, and your tall & skinny design rocks! I'll bet your dad loves this card!

Karen Davis said...

Such a gorgeous Fathers Day card Karren. The backgrounds you have created are fabulous and your sentiment arrangement is perfect.