Friday 15 April 2022

Amazing Butterflies

 Hi and welcome!  I'm thrilled to be back with the Tic Tac Toe team as guest designer.  The board this week is so fun - I think I just about covered all the squares except Floral Bouquet and Vellum, although I intended to play with the top horizontal row of Butterfly, Encouragement, Slimline.


Full slimline cards can be a bit tricky to photograph and this is the best I could do, but you can see 99% of the card.  I started with a white card base and a die-cut cover die from The Ton.  Behind the first three columns of grid I adhered three strips of cardstock which matched the alcohol-inked pieces that formed my butterfly bases.  This alcohol-inked panel came from my stash so I can't remember which colours I used but I think they were Pearls I was playing around with when I first received them.


I wanted to keep the card light and airy so I cut the top layer of the butterflies with white cardstock and adhered them slightly off-centre for a fun look.  For an encouragement sentiment, I used "you are amazing".  The "you" was die-cut from Ripe Persimmon cardstock and backed with two layers of white.  The "are amazing" was white-embossed onto some Coral Crush cardstock.


I then placed all the elements onto the cardbase and adhered them down with liquid glue.  Finally, I finished with some co-ordinating enamel dots and a heart.



Thanks so much for visiting.  I hope you'll check out the cards made by the design team and give this challenge a go - it really is a fun one!

Products used:

Stamps:  Penned Rose (Altenew)
Ink:  Versamark
Cardstock:  White, Ripe Persimmon, Coral Crush, Peach Bellini (MFT), Yupo
Dies:  Slimline Grid (The Ton), Detailed Butterflies Mini (Tim Holtz), You (SSS)
Accessories:  Alcohol Pearl Inks, White EP, Enamel Dots (Altenew)

Cheers
Karren

3 comments:

Carol said...

I love your card for our Tic Tac Toe board this week! That background die is awesome and your butterflies are beautiful! So glad you are guesting with us!

Stef Perry said...

Thanks so much for being our GD this week, Karen, plus making this stunning card! Love the ombre grid topped with beautiful butterflies! 😍

Stef

Amy O said...

I love these gorgeous butterflies and the fun background! Sweet card, Karren!