Thursday 21 April 2022

Flamazing Day

Hi and welcome to a new challenge from the team at Freshly Made Sketches, where this week our hostess is Kim Singdahlsen.  Kim's sketch has a big open space and I used it to create a scene.


I made this card for friends of mine who have also lost a child.  Flamingoes have a special meaning for them and I wanted to give them something to smile at.  I created the background with distress inks and then coloured the trees and flamingo with Copics before cutting them out with my Scan n Cut.


Thanks for visiting!  I hope you'll check out the fabulous cards made by the design team.

Products used:

Stamps:  Flock Yeah (WPlus9), Let's Flamingle (MFT)
Ink:  Amalgam (Gina K), Antique Linen, Salty Ocean, Spiced Marmalade, Ripe Persimmon Distress Inks
Cardstock:  White, Black, X-Press It, Bristol Smooth
Accessories:  Copics, Shimmer Spray, White EP

Cheers
Karren


 

6 comments:

Amy O said...

Wow! What a gorgeous and beautifully colored scene! A little work of art.

Jen Brum said...

Oh this is such a beautiful card! I just love that flamingo! Flamingos are my favourite! Your friends are going to love this and it will definitely brighten their day!

I Card Everyone said...

Oh, I do love it when you make a scene, Karren!! Especially one this adorable!
=]

Kim S said...

This will definitely bring a smile! The flamingo is wonderful - and such a beautiful background for it!

Linda Callahan said...

I'd be up for a trip to the tropics! Lucky flamingo - so cute!

Jen Timko said...

Such a thoughtful way to brighten their day. This is adorable!