Thursday 14 April 2022

Brickwork

 Hello!  Our Freshly Made Sketch designer this week is Linda Callahan and she gave us a sketch which can lead us in so many directions, but I went with the obvious and came up with this card:


The card I made prior to this one (not yet on my blog) featured peachy shades so I decided to go with a more masculine feel for this card and went with the blues.  I used a brick embossing folder on three pieces die-cut with a stitched mod square stax die.  From there is was a simple matter to add two strips of matching cardstock to a white card base, stamp a sentiment on one and add the embossed pieces.  


The darker panel is adhered with foam tape, the other two with liquid glue.  Some black pearls and that's it!

Thanks so much for visiting.  I hope you'll check out the fabulous cards made by the rest of the DT.

Products used:

Stamps:  Elegant Sentiments (Waffle Flower)
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Cardstock:  White, Mist (Hero Arts), Blu Raspberry, Caribbean Sea (MFT)
Dies:  Stitched Mod Square Stax (MFT)
Accessories:  Mini Brickwork Embossing Folder (Tim Holtz), Black Pearls (Honey Bee)

Cheers
Karren

5 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

I love your graphic design…..you are a pro at adding interest like the texture, rounded corners and black sequins! Classy card!

Amy O said...

Ditto what Linda said! You always have fabulous finishing details. Great masculine card!

Jen Brum said...

Love the colours and textures of this card Karren! The brick embossing is fun and love the rounded corners! Perfect masculine card!

thejuneleyen said...

I love your card and how you interpreted the sketch. Really cute! Thanks

Judy Rozema said...

I love the brick texture and the different shades of blue!