Friday 1 April 2022

Old Man

 It's time fr a new challenge from the team at Fusion and this time I played with the sketch and took guidance from the colours in the photo.



As I mentioned a few weeks ago, my Dad's 89th birthday is coming up.  I made a card back then that I thought I would give him, but then was inspired to make this card which he'll get a laugh out of - especially because inside the card I've stamped the sentiment that says "For everyone's safety, please skip the candles this year" 😄

The navy blue half-circle is inlaid into the card base and then I added the strips of patterned paper, which I took from the patterns in the inspiration photo.  I stamped the sentiment vertically and then added the old man, which I'd stamped and coloured with Copics.


Thanks for visting!  Please head over and check out the wonderful cards made by the design tean.





Products used:

Stamps:  Festive Old Friends (MFT)
Ink:  Amalgam (Gina K.) Versafine Onyx Black
Cardstock:  Whp Cream (MFT), Dark Indigo (PTI), X-Press It, Homespun Gingham, B&W Stripes (MFT)
Dies:  Stitched Dome Stax (MFT)
Accessories:  Copics

Cheers
Karren

4 comments:

Wanda Cullen said...

What a fun birthday card! Those colors are perfect for a masculine card.

I Card Everyone said...

Karren, my dad would have loved it! I'm sure yours will, too! What a fabulous inside sentiment - coloring is amazing, as always!
=]

Linda Callahan said...

Wow 89! Wonderful! This card is delightful! Happy Birthday to your dad!

Kim S said...

This is just perfect! I love your use of the sketch with the various patterns!