Sunday 24 April 2022

Pastel Bouquet

 Hi!  I actually made this card last weekend for a couple of challenges and completely forgot to post it!  Luckily three of the four challenges I made it for are still open!  So I'm going to link this up the The Flower Challenge who are looking for a heart with the usual flowers, Happy Little Stampers' Stencil challenge and Seize the Birthday's Spring challenge.


For my card, I firstly stenciled the background with a heart stencil and glitz glitter gel.  While that was drying, I gold embossed then stenciled the floral bouquet.  I went with pastel colours as that was the challenge at the time (since closed), but I like the soft look of these colours together.

When I put the two elements together, it looked a bit bare, so I added a thin black frame to draw the eye in.  I finished with a gold-embossed sentiment.


Thanks for visiting.



Products used:

Stamps:  Joyful Bouquet (Pink Fresh), Essential Sentiments (MFT)
Ink:  Versamark, Mint Chocolate, Minty Mint, Lemon Ice, Buttercream, Warm Sunshine, Strawberry, Pink Diamond, Pinkalicious (Altenew)
Cardstock:  White, Black
Dies:  Joyful Bouquet (Pink Fresh), Fine Frames Cover (Altenew)
Accessories:  Speckled Heart Stencil, Joyful Bouquet Stencils, Glitz Glitter Gel (Gina K.)

Cheers
Karren

9 comments:

Ericka Strange said...

Gorgeous card and I love the heart in the background. So pretty and the flowers are beautiful. Thanks for playing along with us at The Flower Challenge.

I Card Everyone said...

All that sparkles is not gold - but OH do I love the gold embossing with all that sparkles on that clever way you've added your heart to this card!
So beautiful, Karren!
=]

Polly said...

Absolutely stunning card! Really love the technique with the glitter gel as well as the gold embossed floral bouquet! :)

Celeste Goff said...

Such a beautiful card and I'm in love with that shimmery, glittery background!

Linda Callahan said...

This card is so far past gorgeous! Wow!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful bouquet of spring flowers. Such a pretty card. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

Stef Perry said...

So many things to love about your card, Karren! The glittery heart background and the lovely pastel bouquet look fabulous all framed up to pull it all together! Thanks so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge!

Aileen said...

Oh my goodness I love this card, that stenciled heart is just so beautiful and highlights the flowers perfectly. Hugs Aileen

Nandini said...

Gorgeous card. The background looks amazing! Great to see you in the HLS gallery. Hope you will join the HLS Stencil challenge this month too! Nandini, DT