Thursday 28 April 2022

Just a Note

Hi all!  Jen Brum is our sketch hostess at Freshly Made Sketches and she has given us a fun sketch!  I went very simple and let patterned paper and hot foiling do all the work. 


The camera has turned these colours muddy but they're actually a pretty ombre pattern with a dark burgundy at the bottom, fading up to pinky tones.  Originally I was going to die-cut six pieces and line them up on the card base, leaving a gap for the sentiment (as per the sketch), but I had fits trying to get these all lined up so ended up cheating and using three panels and adding the sentiment over the top!


The sentiment is hot foiled and I found some Rose Gold foil cardstock to mat the sentiment to make it pop a bit more.  I finished with some pearls in a matching colour.

Thanks so much for visiting!  I hope you'll head over and check out the fabulous cards made by the rest of the design team.

Products used:

Cardstock:  White, Rose Gold Foil, You Are Enough (CTMH)
Dies:  Stitched Rectangle Stax (MFT), Essential Glimmer Sentiments (Spellbinders)
Accessories:  Rose Gold Hot Foil, Warm Pearls (Honey Bee)

Cheers
Karren

6 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

I don't call that a cheat, Karren - I call it using your 'noodle' and making the job easier! It's fabulous!
=]

marilyn said...

Great card AND solution to an every day problem!! Always amazed how exactly people line up shapes, etc on cards. ALWAYS gives me fits too! Thanks for sharing ...made my day LOL!

Jen Brum said...

Okay, the ombre and the foil are just gorgeous! I just love the colour! So rich and and beautiful! I need to get you to teach me how to hot foil!!!

Linda Callahan said...

I had fits lining mine all up too! Why is that so hard?!?! Anyway you have become a fabulous foiler! Lovely card!

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the ombre stripes and completely avoided having to line up the stripes, too.

Judy Rozema said...

I love the ombre! Your foiling is so awesome. I need you to come teach me how to use my system. It's been in a box for two years!