Tuesday 26 April 2022

Striped Daffs

 Yesterday was ANZAC Day here in New Zealand and I decided to take today off work to make a 4-day weekend.  I had no plans but did get some time in my craft room to make this card using the sketch from The Paper Players, the board from Tic-Tac-Toe (Florals, Patterned Paper and Die-Cuts) and the Spring theme at Time Out Challenges.


When I saw the sketch at Paper Players, I knew I wanted to use black and white striped patterned paper with flowers over the top.  Luckily, I had these flowers already coloured and die-cut, so this card didn't take forever to make, like my cards usually do!

I die-cut the patterned paper with a wonky stitched square die and arranged them on the white card base, with the centre square popped up on foam tape.  The sentiment was die-cut twice from Harvest Gold cardstock and stacked and then I added a black die-cut at the bottom, slightly offsetting for a shadow effect.



It took longer to arrange the flowers than make the rest of the card!  Finally I was happy with the arrangement and added it with a mix of liquid adhesive and foam tape.  I finished with some clear drops.

Thanks so much for visiting.






Products used:

Stamps:  In Bloom:  Addie's Garden (Winnie & Walter)
Ink:  Amalgam (Gina K)
Cardstock:  White, X-Press It, Black, Harvest Gold (PTI), Black & White Strips (MFT)
Dies:  In Bloom:  Addie's Garden (Winnie & Walter), Wonky Stitched Square Stax (MFT), Hello Poe Script (Poppy Stamps)
Accessories:  Copics, Clear Drops

Cheers
Karren

10 comments:

lostinpaper said...

This is so beautiful Karren!

I Card Everyone said...

However quick it was to make, it all came together beautifully, Karren!
=]

Betty said...

love the black and white stripes with those gorgeous yellow flowers, Karren - thanks for joining our TicTacToe Challenge this week!!

Claire Broadwater said...

Karren, this is gorgeous!!!!!! I LOVE the black and white striped squares! The beautiful yellow blooms just pop! Your sentiment is perfect! SO happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week!

Karen said...

A fabulous take on the sketch, and a wonderful card!

Dawn T said...

gorgeous card Karren. Love the stripes in the background

SmilynStef said...

fantastic take on the sketch ... love the bold sentiment

Celeste Goff said...

Great take on the sketch Karren!!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love those gorgeous yellow blooms against the graphic stripes Karren and I love how you altered the direction of stripes for each panel. The wonky stitched die adds great subtle detail too. Yay for a productive 4 day weekend! Thanks for playing along with my sketch challenge over at The Paper Players and at Tic Tac Toe this week!

Joyce said...

I really love that striped background behind those bright yellow flowers. Really speaks to me of spring. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.