Thursday 7 April 2022

Daffodil Sympathy

 Hi!  It's time for another challenge from the team at Freshly Made Sketches where our hostess this week is our other "Camp Mother", Jen Mitchell.  Here's what I made using her sketch:


I had just received some new Waffle Flower goodies and wanted to put them to use, so this card is pretty much all Waffle Flower!  The daffodils were stamps and coloured with the co-ordinating stencils before being die-cut.  Unfortunately, I didn't stamp with a Copic-friendly ink and wanted to add some more shading, so I very carefully and sparingly added a few touches with Copics, but would have like to have added more but didn't want to chance my luck.

The flowers were arranged and adhered to a die-cut piece of Modern Neutrals patterned paper and then I went hunting for a card base to match the patterned paper tones.  This Stone Gray was a good match - a nice blue-gray - so it became the card base.  

Onto that I added the die-cut cover plate and then the patterned paper and flowers.  The sentiment was stamped, die-cut and stacked three high for stability and dimension.  Finally I finished with some yellow enamel dots and a heart.



Thanks so much for visiting.  I hope you'll head over and check out the wonderful cards made by the rest of the design team.





Products used:

Stamps:  Daffodil, Elegant Sentiments (Waffle Flower)
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Green Fields set, Golden Sunset set (Altenew)
Cardstock:  Stone Gray (MFT), White, Modern Neutrals (Waffle Flower)
Dies:  Daffodil, Elegant Sentiments, Geometric Cover Die (Waffle Flower), Stitched Mod Square Stax (MFT)
Accessories:  Daffodil Stencils (Waffle Flower), Copics, Pocketful of Sunshine Enamel Dots (Altenew)

Cheers
Karren

8 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Karren, this couldn't be more pleasing to my eyes! grey and yellow? yes, thank you! and these gorgeous daffodils - so beautiful!
=]

Dawn T said...

So pretty Karren. Love the colour combo and what a fabulous background.

Jen Mitchell said...

This is lovely. The daffodils are a colorful delight against the soft gray background.

Jen Brum said...

This card is just gorgeous Karren! I love the cheeriness of daffodils! Love the background too! So beautiful!

Linda Callahan said...

I love your new stuff! And you made a beautiful card with it all! The background die looks terrific!

Jacquie Southas said...

Beautifully layered design, Karren!

Celeste Goff said...

What a beautiful take on the sketch!!!

Kim S said...

Your flowers are absolutely gorgeous! And I love the background you created for them.