Friday 29 April 2022

Blue Butterflies

Hi all!  It's time for another Fusion challenge and this time we have a gorgeous blue palette featuring butterflies as well as a sketch featuring a big banner.  I chose to play with just the photo this time and made a Mother's Day card for my mum.


This card is pretty much only alcohol ink and hot foiling.  I created a alcohol ink background and die-cut the butterflies from it before using silver foil cardstock for the top, detailed layer.  I adhered them together, slightly off-centre for added interest.  The silver frame and sentiment are hot-foiled.  I added a black shadow banner to the sentiment and finished with some blue enamel dots and a heart.


Thanks so much for visiting.  Please head over and check out the fabulous cards made by the design team.



Products used:

Ink:  Tranquil, Envy Alcohol Pearl, Foundry Alloy,  Clover, Aquamarine, Pool, Turquoise, Pitch Black, Mermail Alcohol Inks
Cardstock:  White, Black, Silver Foil, Yupo
Dies:  Detailed Butterflies Mini (Tim Holtz), Essential Duo Lines Rectangle, More Sentiments (Spellbinders)
Accessories:  Silver Hot Foil, Enamel Dots (Altenew)

6 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Karren, your mum is going to flip for these flutterbys! SO beautiful with their foiled wings!
=]

Celeste Goff said...

Such a beautiful card Karen!

Dawn T said...

so elegant Karren. Love the foiled frame. I can see that I might have to do some shopping.

Linda Callahan said...

Your butterflies are gorgeous! Love the shine!

Wanda Cullen said...

Stunning card and will surely be loved by your mom!

Ida said...

Gorgeous card. My mom loved butterflies and I know she would have loved this card. It's so elegant looking.