Thursday 5 January 2017

Blue and Yellow

Hi and welcome to another challenge at The Flower Challenge blog.  This month we're looking for floral cards using blue and yellow.  Of course, being floral, you are also allowed to use a smidge of green for foliage :)



For my card, I went with a new set of dies I'd just received.  When these were first released, I was a bit put-off by the price, but the more I saw them being used, the less the price seemed to bother me!  Then of course, they went out of stock for ages, so I only got my hands on them recently.


I didn't have a yellow cardstock that I really liked, so I created my own by using some Lemon Zing ink and white card.  Once that was done, I die-cut flowers and foliage and arranged them into a corner "bouquet".  I stamped the sentiment in black ink and then adhered down the flowers.


To finish the card, I used some white Nuvo Crystal Drops to make some enamel dots and also a white gel pen to add dots to the centers of the blue die-cuts.

Thanks for visiting.  Head on over and check out what the rest of the design team have come up with and don't forget the challenge stays open until 25 January, so you've plenty of time to play along!


Products used:

Stamps:  Christmas Essentials (SSS)
Ink: Black Soot Archival, Lemon Zing (SSS)
Cardstock:  White, Audrey Blue, Green Apple (SSS)
Dies:  Stitched Flowers (MFT), Layering Leaves (Concord & 9th)
Accessories:  White Gel Pen, Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pen, White Nuvo Drops

Cheers
Karren






10 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Love these pretty stitched flowers!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Hello Karren: This stitched flowers look like they are cut out of felt, love the detail of the Nuvo Drops, they add even more beautiful dimension to this design.
Awesome job, teammate.
Big Hugs,
Maria.

Aileen said...

Brilliant card, love these stitched flowers all bunched up and the colour combo is perfect. Love it and going to try it, I bought stitched flowers (not same brand) and hardly use I so struggle using them. Beautiful design.

JoAnn said...

I felt the same way as you about this flower set and finally got it after it was back in stock. Love your pretty card and the pretty layered flower cluster.

Cécile RIBON said...

Such wonderful colors and gorgeous stitched flowers ! 2nd note to myself : buy a ticket to New Zealand and take floral card making lessons from Karren.

Ruth said...

I entirely understand your desire to have those dies - they are beautiful and they work so well in a bunch in the corner of your card. You are very clever to make your own colour too - I'd never even have thought of that!! xx

Viv said...

Loving your pretty stitched flowers and card Karren, can understand why you needed the dies too....we all NEED 'stuff' lol ;) hugs Viv xx

Rosemary said...

beautiful design, karren!!

Barb Ghig said...

How clever you are to create your own c/s...beautiful shade of yellow, too! I really love how you clustered the flowers and how you added Nuvo drops to your design! Another gorgeous card, Karren!!!

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeous stitched flowers Karren, lovely card.x{aNNie}