Friday 20 January 2017

Happy Hedgehog

Hi and welcome to the first challenge of the New Year at Just Add Ink!  And we're having a blog hop!

If you've come from Kelly's blog, you're in the right place.  If you want to start at the beginning click on the graphic below.


Our theme this challenge is Pop-Up and Interactive.  If you're anything like me, you might be gulping about now 😃  But when you think about it, interactive can include things like a slide-out panel, a lift up flap or a shaker card.  Anything that requires the person receiving the card to do more than just open it.  So don't be daunted!  And if you've never made an interactive card, now is the perfect time to try one.  If you're looking for help, check out Jennifer McGuire's blog.  I've done a search on interactive plus a search on pop-up - just click the links.

For my card, I wanted to use these adorable little hedgehogs to make a slider card.  I didn't want the hedgie to be rolling around willy-nilly so I didn't pop up the top layer on foam tape.  That means the slider mechanism isn't as free-moving so as to slide back and forth.  But it does slide easily when moved with a finger.


I stamped, colored and die-cut the images and worked out where I wanted my hedgehog to "land" when he got to the bottom of the slider, before die-cutting the slider element out of patterned paper.  The sky was sponged with a cloud die-cut and Tumbled Glass ink.  Here are a few photos of the hedgie on the move:










Thanks for visiting.  Your next stop on the hop is Christine.  Click on the graphic below to be taken to her blog:




Products used:

Stamps:  Happy Hedgehogs (MFT)
Ink:  Intense Black, Versafine Onyx Black, Tumbled Glass
Cardstock:  White, Watercolor Wash (MFT)
Dies:  Surf & Turf, Happy Hedgehogs (MFT)
Accessories:  Copics, Slider Disc

Cheers
Karren

23 comments:

Kelly Kent said...

A wonderfully cute idea Karren - love it!!! Kelly x

tatabajkova said...

What fun! Love it!

Sheri Gilson said...

This is super duper cute, Karren! Love the fun slider element!

Christine Blain said...

Oh my goodness, this is ADORABLE, Karren! Yes, I'm with you on the "interactive" side of things; big challenge for me. Love your card, you clever thing! x

ColourmehappyDi said...

Aww he's so sweet & I'm sure very appreciative you didn't send him down the hill, willy nilly. Love the design & as usual your colouring is fab-u-lous.
Di :)

KimB said...

'Hedgehugs' - Aww this is too cute Karren! Your colouring is just gorgeous and I'm pretty sure the recipient will get hours of amusement from this delightful card. x

Nikki Spencer said...

Oh my! He is just adorable Karren and l love that he tumbles and slides onto the log...So cute! xx

Rochelle Blok said...

This is just too gorgeous for words, Karren! The landscape backgroud is fabulous and your colouring is just amazing! Love, love, love this!! Rochelle xo

Linda Callahan said...

Sooooo cute!

Anonymous said...

ohh sooo cute! What a cute little hedgehog - this card really made me smile, I love it. Chantell x x

Aileen said...

Great interactive card, love thst little hedgehog.

Jan said...

Totally adorable wee hedgehog Karren and I love the beautifully coloured scene you've created for him too. So gorgeous! xx

Patrice said...

I love him. I love hedgehogs full stop. You've done a beautiful colouring job, as always, and I really like that you've kept him fairly secure by not adding dimension to the sliding mechanism. Great interactive card, Karren. xxx

Tina said...

Awwww! How cute! Love it!

Viv said...

Aww what a sweet little card Karren, just love that cute hedgehog too ;) Viv xx

Penny Hanuszak said...

So cute. Love the little slider and that cute little hedgehog. Sweet!

Trina P. said...

Adorable! Love the whole slider scene

Petra Swart said...

I like the idea to not have your hedgie slide by himself, but having to move him with your finger, Karren!!! You have created such a cute scene and your card is just darling!!!!!
Have a great Sunday!!!
Hugz

Marlena M. said...

Awwww, what a cutie! Love your interactive card. Ok, I'll stop gulping and give it a go :)

Chloe said...

What an adorable little hedgehog Karren and such a fantastically fun card too. And as always your colouring is spot on. I need lessons!!

Barb Ghig said...

Oh, how CUTE, Karren! I love how you used your dies to create a slide for your fun little Hedgehog, and your watercoloring is just beautiful! This card just makes me smile...thanks :)

Monika/Buzsy said...

Super cute card Karen. Love the sweet images and the clustering. The sliding part is awesome! Just the perfect touch to make it a WOW! card. :)

Barb Ghig said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE this card, Karren! Beautiful coloring and design, as always, and I love your interactive element! So FUN!!!