Tuesday 3 January 2017

Sending Smiles

Hi!  While I've been spending a lot of time in my craft room these Christmas holidays, most of what I've been doing has been for upcoming DT challenges, but I do like to take some time out to make a card for some current challenges and this one was made for the current MFT Sketch Challenge.  And as I'm using a NBUS set, I'm also entering it into Work It Wednesday and SSS Monday Challenge.


I had this idea in my head to use Tweet On You since I first saw the sketch, but it's taken until now to get it onto paper.  It's not totally how I envisaged, but it's okay.  I stamped, colored and cut the images and then created my little scene using some blue Watercolor Wash patterned paper and some die-cut grass.  The little bird represents the small banner in the sketch.  

Then I went looking for a sentiment that would fit and decided on this one from Up and Away.  The background banner is also from Watercolor Wash - I think that's probably my favorite patterned paper at the moment - love it!



Thanks so much for visiting!



workitwedbanner

Products used:

Stamps:  Tweet on You (MFT), Up and Away (Mama Elephant)
Ink:  Intense Black (SSS)
Cardstock:  White, Green Apple (SSS), Watercolor Wash (MFT)
Dies:  Tweet on You, Vertical Stitched Stripes, Stitched Jumbo Fishtail Flag Stax, Grass Border (MFT), Stitched Rectangle Mats (Lil Inkers)
Accessories:  Copics

Cheers
Karren

7 comments:

Aileen said...

Beautiful card Karren and I can see why your liking those papers so much.. They look like you have bern making some really neat backgrounds with watercolours.. So cool

I Card Everyone said...

Very tweet, indeed!
=]

Rosemary said...

super sweet take on the sketch, karren!! i had hopes of making something, but alas got nothing done!!

Darnell said...

This card is just the sweetest, Karren! Mama bird lookin' to rent that awesome birdhouse condo!! Hugs, Darnell

Linda Callahan said...

Totally tweet!

Sandra said...

Such a darling card, love the stitched edges and love the coloring. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

Barb Ghig said...

Awesome take on the sketch, and I love your choice of elements for this card...so CUTE! Of course, your Copic coloring is just amazing, as always!