Friday 6 January 2017

Caffeinated Owl

Hi and welcome to the first Fusion challenge of the year!  And it's our 3rd anniversary so we've got a very special challenge with some fabulously talented guest designers.  I was thrilled when Michele Ferguson from I Card Everyone agreed to join us as my guest.  Michele is well-known in the card-making world, both from her gorgeous CAS creations and from her very generous support of other stampers.

Here is our inspiration for this challenge:


I was mostly inspired by the photo but also took some elements of the sketch to come up with this card.


I stamped Louie from Purple Onion Designs onto a panel of whit card and colored him with Copics, keeping to the reds and wood tones in the photo.  The sentiment comes from an Art Impressions set and fits perfectly on the panel.  I cut the panel narrower and adhered black strips down each side.



On the white card base, I adhered strips of Schoolhouse Red down each side and then used foam tape to pop the main panel up.  Louie's hat and gloves were painted with a clear sparkle pen.



Thanks for visiting.  Please head on over to the main Fusion blog and check out the incredibly talented guests and DT members and I hope we'll see you in the gallery.

Products used:

Stamps:  Louie (Purple Onion Designs), Girlfriend Blend (Art Impressions)
Ink:  Intense Black (SSS), Black Soot Archival
Cardstock:  White, Black, Schoolhouse Red (SSS)
Accessories:  Copics, Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen

Cheers
Karren

15 comments:

Claire Broadwater said...

LOL! I love this! So much truth to the sentiment! Your coloring is fabulous! XX

I Card Everyone said...

Oh Karren! You are the sweetest to invite me to be your guest ... but this "one L" Michele is Ferguson, not the other even more talented Henderson! I LOVE your little Owl, and most definitely agree with his sentiments!! xx
=]

Linda Callahan said...

Love your little skater with his thermos! Adorable and beautifully colored! Thanks for pulling together this wonderful challenge!

~amy~ said...

a-dorable....simply perfect and awesome coloring!

Michelle Lupton said...

I love your take on the photo and sketch - perfect and oh so cute!

Lisa Lara said...

So so cute Karren. I just love your cards!

Cécile RIBON said...

Lovely card, Karren! This little guy is so cute! And wonderful coloring (as usual)... A note to myself : buy a ticket to New Zealand and take coloring lessons from Karren ...

cm said...

Oh my! How adorable Louis is, sporting his skates and toque, and enjoying his coffee! The little thermos is simply darling! WOWed by your colouring and imagination! Totally smitten with your card!
~carol

Viv said...

Awww Karren, how adorable, love love this cute card ;) hugs Viv xx

Jen Mitchell said...

Well, he is just the cutest thing! I love the wide-eyed look and suppose he's had a few cups of coffee himself! Beautiful coloring, as always. :)

Rosemary said...

aww... that little owl is just to darn cute!!

Cris G. said...

So very cute... both image and fun sentiment!

Barb Ghig said...

Oh my gosh, what a cutie he is! You are a Master with Copic markers, Karren, and I love how you designed this card! Great job with the sketch, and pairing up the elements from the inspiration photo! Another really fabulous card!!!

Michelle said...

Oh my goodness, this little fellow is super cute! I'm in love. :-)

SonjaK said...

Such a fun card! That's the perfect sentiment to go with this stamp. :o)