Thursday 26 January 2017

Happy Trails

Hi, my card today uses the latest sketch at Freshly Made Sketches - designed by our own talented Cecile Ribon.


I'm not as good at putting unrelated elements together in a pleasing pattern, like Cecile, so I went another route with the sketch and came up with a little scene.

I've created another video and do you know what the hardest part is?  Trying to keep it down to a reasonable time!  I don't want them to run on and on so try and keep them to the 5-7 minute mark.  That means editing a 40 minute video down to about 7 minutes, which results in either everything sped up to warp speed or stuff edited out.  At the moment I'm leaving in the coloring, but speeding it up a bit and cutting out a lot of the other aspects.  I'd love to know which you'd prefer to see, or if you'd like me to mix it up from video to video.  As an aside, editing the videos shows me exactly how long I sit there not doing anything, trying to make a decision on how to proceed 😀




This is more NBUS and uses Happy Trails by Lawn Fawn, which has been in my NBUS box for months.  It was good to finally use it!  I stamped and colored the images before cutting them out with the matching dies.  I then wanted to make a "road" for the vehicles to sit on so had a quick hunt through my stamps to come up with something resembling a road.  I found this double line stamp from SugarPea Designs and went with it.  In hindsight, it probably would have looked better stamped in white, but so be it.  

I die-cut a circle from some watercolor patterned paper and adhered that to the white card base.  From there I arranged the trees and road and then popped up the vehicles with some foam tape.  The stamped sentiment finished off the card.






Thanks for visiting!  The rest of the design team have some fabulous cards to inspire you so please check them out.

You can watch the video below or over on YouTube.




As the stamp set was NBUS, I'm also linking this to Darnell's challenge.  I'm hoping to do some camouflaged die-cutting before the challenge ends, but in the interim, here's a card that just features NBUS.
Never-Before-Used-Schtuff (Stamps, Dies, EFs, etc.)

Products used:

Stamps:  Happy Trails (Lawn Fawn), Noted (SugarPea Designs)
Ink:  Black Licorice Hybrid, Smoke
Cardstock:  White, Smoke (SSS), Watercolor Wash (MFT)
Dies:  Happy Trails (LF), Inside Out Stitched Circles (MFT)
Accessories:  Copics, Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen

Cheers
Karren


19 comments:

Claire Broadwater said...

Karren, this is soooo fun! You are so creative! Love your take on the sketch! XX

Linda Callahan said...

You are a genius! Love this card.....so creatively put together! And I love th videos.....now I want to see one on how you create an inky background with distress inks!

Susanne Vargas said...

So sweet! Very creative take on the sketch!

I Card Everyone said...

Karren this is just delightful!!! I want in on that journey!!! Off to watch ...
=]

Christine Blain said...

Adorable card, Karren! Loved seeing your colouring process, and hearing your voice (with that unmistakeable Sth Island accent!). xx

Amy O said...

I adore this sweet scene! And I agree with Linda on the video request. You are not alone with how long it takes to make decisions -- I don't know if my camera's battery would last long enough to film some of my cards. :)

Megan said...

So cute! I'm glad I'm not the only one who has a NBUS bin :)

Rosemary said...

super cute take on the sketch, karren!

Jen Brum said...

This is such a fun card Karren! I love that car and camper! Your colouring is amazing as always! I totally need to come visit so I can play with all of your Copics!!!

Karen Davis said...

Woohoo Karren! So lovely watching you create with Copics. I love the card, fab colours.

Brenda in IN said...

This scene is as cute as can be. I love the little camper.

Jen Mitchell said...

Happy trails indeed. I'd hitch myself to that camper in a second! Cute card, great coloring, and your road is very realistic! Now I'm off to watch the video! :)

Petra Swart said...

Oh, this is so super cute and such a great take on the sketch, Karren!!!!! I enjoyed the video and I think as you have done it here is perfect - not too long, but showing a lot of your colouring process!!!!! I think this is a winning recipe!!! Thanks for taking the time to do it!!!!
Hugz

Barb Ghig said...

Another fabulous card, Karren! I love how you played with these cute images, and of course, your Copic coloring just slays me :) You did an amazing job on the sketch...I love this card!
For some reason, I didn't get the notice for your video, so I'm off to check it out now!

Cindy Hall said...

Wow, Karren! This is such an amazing and creative use of the sketch! I love the big circle that attracts the focus to the 'scene'. His card is so awesome, I really love it.

Cécile RIBON said...

This is such a wonderful take on the sketch, Karren! Your scene is both a beautiful and clever answer to the cluster of circles! Love it so much!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Perfect use of images! They are creative take on Cecile's awesome sketch. And yep, there's your awesome colouring again!

Jen Timko said...

Apparently my job today is to get sucked into watching every video of yours. I could watch you color all day! Love this card. Such fun!!

Darnell said...

I love your little happy trails camping scene, Karren! I think your choice for the road was inspired and it's always cool to hear the sound of your voice! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #9! Hugs, Darnell