Thursday 5 January 2017

Novel Birthday


Hi and welcome back to the first Freshly Made Sketch of 2017!  This week our hostess is book-lover Linda Callahan.  I hope she likes my card :)

This is another NBUS set but it's only been sitting in the NBUS box for a couple of weeks, so I don't feel so bad.


I stamped the little girl in her chair onto a panel of white cardstock and colored the chair with orange Copics.  Before coloring anything else, I used an old towel and some colorless blender to add a bit of texture to the chair and I think it looks like velvet!  I then finished coloring the rest of the image and adding the sentiment.


The card base is white, but I colored a strip of scrap cardstock with Sunkist ink and adhered that strip onto the card base.  I then used foam tape to add the main image panel and the white panel on the left.  The black strip was cut and colored with clear sparkle pen before also being adhered with foam tape.


Thanks for visiting!  The design team have some wonderful cards using Linda's sketch so I hope you'll check them out and have a go yourselves!

Products used:

Stamps:  Our Story (MFT)
Ink:  Intense Black, Sunkist (SSS)
Cardstock:  White, Black
Accessories:  Copics, Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen

Cheers
Karren

11 comments:

Claire Broadwater said...

I LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!! Adorable! I guess I will have to buy this set now, that I saw your card! HAPPY NEW YEAR! XXX

Linda Callahan said...

Ya .know I kept looking at this set......even put it in my cart! Guess I will have to revisit it! This is adorable! Just love that little reading girl!

Amy O said...

This image is certainly adorable! And you technique to make the chair velvet -- very clever! Love this, Karren

Cécile RIBON said...

Love, love, love... That little reading girl is truly adorable. And no need to say that I'm jealeous of your coloring talent. Note to myself #3 : go and read note to myself # 1 :) :)

Notes by Nina said...

So cute, this image is darling and I love your colouring.

Jen Brum said...

This is such a great card Karren! I love that sweet little girl and your gorgeous colouring! That sentiment is the best! So cute!

Jen Mitchell said...

Cute, cute, cute! She looks so comfy in her chair (which does look like velvet BTW).

Rosemary said...

super adorable take on the sketch, karren!! the coloring is perfection!!

Barb Ghig said...

Great job adding texture to the chair, Karren...I love it! Love your beautiful color palette and fabulous take on the sketch, too! Thanks for inspiring us to play along :)

Rita W said...

Ack! LOVE!!! This set is on my wishlist, probably at the top! I love the colors, love the texture on the chair, all of it really. Great card.

Narelle Farrugia said...

She is just too sweet as is that matching sentiment! Made me smile!