Friday 20 January 2017

Lemons and Limes


Welcome to the new Fusion challenge.  I hope you enjoyed our anniversary celebration and the wonderful guests the design team invited.  Our new challenge is a nod to Australia Day, which is on 26 January.  The wattle is a symbol of Australia so we've gone with that as our photo inspiration this time.  You can be inspired by the floral theme, the colors or as in my case, the citrus at the bottom of the photo!





I stamped and colored this free stamp I got with my last Stamplorations order to represent a lemon and a lime and fussy-cut it out.  I white-embossed the sentiment onto a black card base and adhered the citrus with foam tape.  Lastly, I stitched down some vellum flags with my sewing machine.





Thanks for visiting.  The design team have come up with some wonderful inspiration for you.

Products used:

Stamps:  Lemons (Stamplorations), Just Because (PTI)
Ink:  Intense Black (SSS), Versamark
Cardstock:  Black, White, Vellum
Dies:  Stitched Fishtail Flag Stax (MFT)
Accessories:  Copics, sewing machine

Cheers
Karren

11 comments:

Petra Swart said...

WOW, what a striking card, Karren!!!! The bright colours against the black are fantastic!!!!! Love the vellum flags and the clever idea to sew them onto the card!!!!! This is really beautiful!!!!
Have a great day!!!!
Hugz

I Card Everyone said...

Just after I tell you how I love the black card base, and how gorgeously you've colored these wonderful lemon and lime, I have to google 'wattle' - is that the sweet flower in the photo? Inquiring minds want to know!!! xx
=]

Lesley said...

This is stunning, Karren! I love the black base and the bold use of colour!

Claire Broadwater said...

Karren, this is fabulous! I love that bold color on the black card base! Perfect coloring, too! XX

Linda Callahan said...

That fruit just pops against the black background! Gorgeous card!

Aileen said...

Fabulous card, love that colour combo on black, so eye catching.

Christine Blain said...

Wow! A standout design, Karren - the citrus fruits against black look amazing. This is a much more attractive representation of Aussie colours than, say, the green and gold cricket uniform! LOL.

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous coloring on your fruit, and I love how the images pop against the black background! Love your vellum banners, too...such a fabulous take on the challenge, Karren!

Jo Herbert said...

I love how vibrant your stamped images are against the black cardstock, very striking. Hugs Jo

Cécile RIBON said...

Wow! This is totally fabulous! Your wonderful limes popping against the black background are so striking! And what a brilliant idea to sew some vellum flags to finish your card off.

Karen Davis said...

Simply stunning! The lemon against the black, genius colour choice. Love the fishtails too.