Friday 27 January 2017

Relax

Hi and welcome to another challenge at Just Add Ink!  This week, we have a gorgeous inspiration photo - one that'll make our Southern Hemisphere players feel cool and make our Northern Hemisphere players feel warm 😁


Image may contain: text

I wanted to capture that feeling of relaxation by the water so created a one-layer card using sponging and masking, as well as a really, really old SU stamp.



To make this card, I stamped the lady and then masked her while I did some sponging.  I also used torn paper to make a mask for the sand and a cut piece of paper to mask off the horizon.  I sponged Antique Linen ink for the sand, Broken China for the sea and Tumbled Glass for the sky, which I sponged over a cloud die-cut.  Once the sponging was finished I stamped a splatter pattern from Distressed Patterns onto the sand and then removed all the masks and colored in the image using Copics.  It's hard to see in the photo but I used a white gel pen to draw in some waves and surf and also traced around the sentiment with white gel pen.



And that's my card.  I hope it makes you feel like you're at the beach with nothing to do but relax.  And can I say, I don't like the beach but I'd really like to be there about now and not having to work!




You really want to check out the fabulous creations made by the rest of the design team - they have been inspired by this photo in wonderful ways.

I'm linking this card to Addicted to Stamps & More and Simon Says Stamp, where there are Anything Goes Challenges happening.



Products used:

Stamps:  Sketches (SU), Big Scripty Sayings (SSS), Distressed Patterns (MFT)
Ink:  Black Licorice Hybrid, Black Soot Archival, Antique Linen, Broken China, Tumbled Glass
Cardstock:  White
Accessories:  White Gel Pen

Cheers
Karren

16 comments:

Cindy Major said...

Gorgeous card! Perfect for the challenge, and your coloring turned out wonderfully. It's funny to see this set make a come back - I was thinking about it when the Occasions Catalogue came out, because the Beautiful You stamp set reminded me of this old one!

Thanks for sharing,
Cindy

Rosemary said...

beautiful card, karren... your coloring is once, again, perfection!

Karen Davis said...

Oh my Karren. What an amazing scene you have created! Wonderful sponging and your usual skilled Coptic colouring. Lovely.

I Card Everyone said...

I caught the waves right away, Karren! Wonderful scene you've created ... it hasn't had quite the effect you'd hoped for us in the cold weather world, but it did warm my heart - that makes me ...
=]

Aileen said...

Perfect stamp and wonderful colouring, Karren and for all of us sweltering here in Australia. 39 today and heading to 40+ tomorrow, lucky we have air conditioning. Wonderful card.

Petra Swart said...

You have created a beautiful scene that looks like a little painting, Karren!!!!! The font of the sentiment stamp goes so perfectly with the image stamp!!!! WOW, this is really lovely!!!
Hugz

Jan said...

This is stunning, Karren! Your sponging and colouring details are exquisite in your relaxing scene makes me feel like I am right there on the sand with your lady. Awesome card! xx

Barb Ghig said...

I love this image, and how you created the perfect scene for it! Beautiful Copic coloring, as always, and your sea and sky are just beautiful, Karren! You have certainly warmed me up today...Thanks :)

Teresa Kline said...

hello karren! very pretty and so fitting for the inspiration...fabulous coloring! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at ATSM, good luck!!! Amy DT

Nikki Spencer said...

Stunning colouring Karren! Love your take on the inspiration. xx

KimB said...

You really have captured the feeling of relaxing by the sea Karren! I love the soft tones and delicate details you used to create this wonderful scene. x

Kelly Kent said...

Superb colouring Karren! I'm envious of your lady at the beach. She looks like she doesn't have a care in the world! Kelly x

Pia S said...

Perfect coloring and execution of this one layer design! Such a peaceful and lovely scene...

Rema DeLeeuw said...

Awesome card and design! Thanks for playing along with us at ATSM.

Narelle Farrugia said...

Totally love everything about this card and that scene you've created!